View Single Post
Old 02-24-2006, 12:33 AM   #71
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Saeryn listened to the soft and slow melody that danced across the Dunlending's harpstrings. She could feel her heart still beating heavily, pounding out a strong rhythm that she smiled to note matched the beat of the music. Others in the hall went about their business, this interlude unnoticed. She looked down modestly and, eyes wide, back up to Eodwine. He met her eyes squarely and she murmered, her soft voice caressing the already gentle vowels of the land.

"I am undeserving." Eodwine began to speak and Saeryn stopped him with a hand placed on his. "You have treated me as a daughter, keeping me safe from the moment we met. I have hardly been fair to you, taking advantage of your friendship without trusting enough to share why I needed such safe-keeping.

"I feared... I fear to swear an oath. I cannot be committed to one land, to one hall... to one lord. I cannot swear to you as you have sworn to me." Her hands shook and she withdrew them from his, hoping he did not notice and knowing that he did. "I can give you nothing more than the love of a daughter... I cannot swear to you a proper oath of allegiance. I will understand..." Her voice broke. "If you choose to protect me and fulfill your oath... by sending me away."