View Single Post
Old 03-21-2006, 12:26 PM   #199
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Thanks Jenny! I'll consider those nick name suggestions.

Quote:
Originally posted by Jenny:
The problem with fitting Marenil in here is that there must be a point where all parties involved understand that he's the best man for the job, with no hard feelings. So Thornden needs to have come to much the same conclusions on his own.
Not only do we all have to come to that conclusion, but it has to be done by the end of the thirty days. I've a feeling that all in all, Thornden isn't going to be easily offended or hurt, but it would be a hard thing to hear that you weren't fit for a job unless you already knew it yourself. So, yes, it is necessary for them all to come to see that themselves.

Quote:
By Jenny again. :
Eodwine can also determine that he'd rather have a more experienced man in that position without ever saying anything to that effect to Thornden. Eodwine's own inexperience in his new role as Lord might perhaps make him value Marenil's sage advice. And I kind of assumed that Eodwine comes to a realization that he'd like a more experienced man in the role at the same time as Thornden comes slowly to the realization that he's facing problems he doesn't know how to deal with, or so many that he can't give each the attention it deserves. Maybe in a crisis he might go himself to Marenil for advice. Marenil would be quick to help, and that might aid in a private realization on Thornden's part that he isn't ready to serve as steward. Does that make sense?
That makes sense. But in order for all this to happen, we need a crisis of some sort to come up. I can't think of anything off the top of my head, but I'll keep thinking, though, really, I'm a bad person to try to think of something myself, I think, being even younger and more inexperienced than Thornden himself.

As for his age. Jenny thought he was somewhere around 24, and Fea. . .early thirties. Having written the first few posts for him, I was thinking about 29 or 30. . .but if he should be younger, like 25 or 26, that'll be fine, too.
Anyone else want to offer their impression of Thornden's age?

-- Folwren