View Single Post
Old 08-11-2006, 01:24 AM   #317
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
  1. Imak’s sword is missing.
  2. Orcs agree to make one last raid after dark before clearing out.
  3. Vrór and Carl spy on the slavers and develop a plan.
  4. The fellowship rescues the kids at night and kills several baddies to even the odds. Orcs raid the slavers’ camp at virtually the same time.
  5. Imak deals with both disturbances, rides out but then turns back at the slave camp, vowing revenge.
  6. The fellowship triumphantly enters the slave camp with the children.
  7. The good guys must decide whether to flee immediately, or to stand their ground since there is certain to be an attack the next night.
  8. Orcs learn of the slavers’ plans for an outside assault and decide to stick another night to help themselves to more goodies, since there will be no one in camp.
  9. Fellowship/slaves set up a number of tricks as discussed on this thread, e.g, nets, trenches, decoys.
  10. Slaves victorious in battle. They decide to march the six miles back to the slavers camp to reap their rewards.
  11. The orcs are discovered---this still has to be worked out

As my own balliwick is more the fellowship and orcs, I will leave most of the details of the slave plot to Durelin. But it may help if I post our general outline. See above....

This is my understanding based on the outline and the story. We have completed #1-#3 and will be taking on #4 shortly. This is the fellowship's second day in Mordor, and they have only slept a few hours the night before. It is turning towards evening now of their second day and the fellowship will attack at night. An orc raid will take place at about the same time. I would suspect the fellowship will arrive back at the slave camp in the dead of night, perhaps a few hours after midnight.

Just a reminder....While the Dwarf and Hobbit were spying on the slavers camp in the day, Imak sent out a spy to the slave camp. See below and my italics. Since the slaves are not moving anywhere, Imak would decide to attack the following night....that would be the night after the fellowship's rescue of the children.

Quote:
"We will ride against the slaves," Imak snarled. "Those thieves not only stole our mounts but the finest sword in this camp. I will retrieve that weapon and personally cut off the head of whoever did this. The rest of them will be dragged off in chains and taken back to the plantation."

"Gurug, come here." He jerked a finger at one of the men. "You will ride this morning to the slave camp. find out what's happening, and then come back. If the slaves are packing to move, we will strike at them immediately. If they dally, we will wait till the following night. There is much to do to prepare....."
Imak will understand that you can't get a group as large as that moving without some preparation. Since the slaves aren't making prepatations to leaves, Imak will know there's no way they could get off the next morning. This is why he feels "safe" delaying his attack. After the fellowship's theft of the children, Imak's resolve will double but his plan will remain the same....to attack the slaves the next night, just as he had originally proposed.

Don't know if this makes sense---my brain is also spaced out---but this is how we originally laid things out.