View Single Post
Old 05-13-2004, 11:12 AM   #214
alaklondewen
Song of Seregon

alaklondewen has just left Hobbiton.
The Flet: Erebemlin

Before this moment, Erebemlin had not grasped the intensity of Amroth’s passion for finding the lady Nimrodel, but now he saw first hand the hopelessness and darkness his king suffered without her. Shuddering he considered what might have happened if he had not ventured into Amroth’s dream.

“I am truly sorry, my lord.” Erebemlin lowered his eyes to the flet’s floor.

“Good and faithful, Erebemlin. You have no reason for apology.” Amroth leaned forward and placed his hand on Erebemlin’s shoulder. "If you had not..." The king's voice trailed off.

“Aye, I do. I thought you were mad, my lord, but you…” The Sinda closed his eyes and swallowed hard. “You must find her.” His eyes opened slightly and looked up into Amroth’s young mortal face. “I cannot bear the thought of your pain, my lord. I will aid you in your search; even if I am unsure of the journey’s end…I will be by your side.”

Taitheneb stood back and listened. The forest would be greatly grieved if Erebemlin departed from its eaves. Lowering his head, Taitheneb studied the floor beneath his feet, then as a new thought struck him he spoke, “Lord Amroth, you cannot leave for another journey…not this soon. Your body needs rest, my lord, or your sickness with increase.”

“Taitheneb is correct. You will need more rest before setting out from here.” Erebemlin stood and leaned over Amroth, who was shaking his head negatively. “Hush, my lord,” the Sinda’s words were like a lullaby. “I will watch over your dreams, so you shall come to no harm.” Amroth’s volition seemed to melt, and Erebemlin placed his hand under his king’s head and lowered him the rest of the way to the floor.

The next few hours Erebemlin never left his king’s side. Occasionally he would place his hand over Amroth’s brow and speak a few inaudible words. His hand often stroked the young mortal’s hair affectionately as he considered his blessing of finding his king after so many years.