View Single Post
Old 08-16-2008, 12:11 PM   #131
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Lea was supporting her twin as well as she could. He was leaning on her and his breathing sounded pained. Lea could see his clothes were bloody all over and his face was very pale. Horrible thoughts were coursing in her head. She could not lose him. They had always been together, he could not leave her now. She didn't dare to ask how bad it was, she didn't even dare to take a proper look at his wounds. She was trying so hard not to cry.

Ash tried to focus his eyes but couldn't. He was weak, so weak. He had never been like this before. He felt as if he would faint. He was glad of his sister, his brave strong sister, being there and holding him. Amidst all the pain and confusion he could sense she was not as calm as usual. Was something wrong?

He closed his eyes, took a deep breath and looked around. He could see Lea, anguish in her eyes. A wave of weakness hit him suddenly. "Lea... I need to sit. I feel... so frail. But... I'm going to be... alright."

Orin could see his sister helping his brother sit down. They were only concentrating on each other, once again. Fair enough, he did not want any company now. He stood up. He was still shaking from all the effort and tension. He knew he should have been happy for their victory, but there had been too much blood and death. It made him sick. He could see the big warg attacking Ash again and again... He spun around and disappeared to the woods while no one was looking. He hoped he could be alone for a moment.

Just a while ago, the dark forest had been the most terrifying thing imaginable. Now it was comfortingly calm and silent. The darkness was better than the moonlit images of the clearing - here there were no mutilated bodies, no blood, no death.

It was then that he saw what was left of Parkun Felderth, a twisted shape in a pool of blood. Orin let out a cry of terror and ran.