View Single Post
Old 08-19-2008, 11:06 PM   #133
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
All was black and fading, Kuric knew or remembered nothing; there was no pain, no fear, no suffering. Quietly he began to drift into the eternal sleep, suddenly deep in the recesses of his soul it came to him; there was unfinished business still at hand.

Pain overtook his frame and mind as he regained consciousness, he wasn’t sure he would be able to complete his final mission, his pride and stubbornness wouldn’t let him fade, not yet.

Groggily he began to open his eyes, all was hazy and cloudy. He couldn’t make out any images, just fuzzy outlines. “Lad,” he called out weakly, hoping to call for Gorin for, as fortune would have it, he would only trust this task to a fellow dwarf and providence had provided just such a dwarf.

All warmth was leaving his body and he knew that he didn’t have long. Mustering up his strength he managed to call out “Gorin, come here lad” with more volume than the previous plea. A figure approached acknowledging Kuric, he knew not who it was but there was precious little time left. “Gorin,” Kuric said feebly, “I need ya ta…” Kuric began coughing violently and took a moment to regain his ability to speak. “Gorin, I need ya to bring me mail back…” Kuric again coughed and felt his strength leaving him, “bring it back to me king, he’ll understand. I just hope…” Kuric began to doze, quickly shaking it off he began to talk again “I just hope I made a difference in Middle-earth”

With that, Kuric knew it was finished and let death come over him quickly, he would fight no longer.