View Single Post
Old 12-18-2003, 12:44 AM   #35
Bill the Pony
Pile O'Bones

Bill the Pony has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

What a movie! I'm sure I would have cried through the whole thing if not for the buffoonish audience in attendance! I wanted to strangle half of them - laughing in serious scenes and making asinine comments the whole way through!!!! Gaarrrrgh! <P>I could deal with Frodo telling Sam to leave in the context of PJ's interpretation of the characters. Arwen, however, could have just gone to the Havens for all I cared! Those valuable minutes could have been spent on the Mouth of Sauron or the Houses of Healing...or even Eowyn/Faramir, if there had to be a sappy love scene.<P>Visually, it was magnificent, and the acting was quite fine. My main beef: where was the music? That was what I really missed in this movie - they must have waited until the last minute to tell Shore what he had to do or something, because the score was just not up to the rest of the movie. New thread here? I do have much more to say about it (being an edjumicated musician and all).<P>Overall, great movie, and I'll certainly see it again (sans idiotic audience)
Bill the Pony is offline   Reply With Quote