View Single Post
Old 03-08-2003, 03:33 PM   #254
Gorothlammothiel

Gorothlammothiel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Having suffered so much over the last year, Soronūmė was at last content in the company of those who he had journeyed with. His heart was still heavy however with the loss of those members who had parted on the way, though their lives not in vain.

The company sat parted in the halls of the palace. Elentari, proud of her new title, had left them for a while, "important business to attend to" she had joked leaving them, obviously more comfortable with her power now. Lorin and Min sat quietly talking and Hreeza walked about the rooms. She seemed to be enjoying her 'walks', though Soronūmė knew she could not wait to become her old self again and roam her forest home.

Soronūmė sat at one of the balconies, looking deep into the forest. His thoughts seemed to flow from his mind and travel through the trees below. He couldn't help but wonder where else in these lands held adventure for him. Where there were others to befriend and journey with. Though he had truly enjoyed his time with them, Soronūmė could not help thinking it was time to part thier company. Hreeza would understand, she longed for her home just as the elf did his. Wherever he would find it next. He sighed and took a deep breath.

The newly 'formed' sprite approached the elf from behind, and placed a hand on Soronūmė's shoulder. Without turning to her he said, "You always know when someone is in need do you not Hreeza?" "Indeed Soronūmė, and you always know when I am there." she replied as the two exchanged a smile. They stood for a while in silence until Hreeza spoke softly, "you fought well against Shelob Soronūmė, you did all you could to help save your friends, taking up on a journey without so much purpose as those others. Yet still you seem restless, can you not yet find peace? Had you not discovered anything about your self on the journey that can put you at some kind of ease?"

Soronūmė pondered the thought for a moment, then replied, "Not until I know who I truly am can I be at peace. There are so many things I have yet to learn, and out there lie the answers" Soronūmė gestured out beyond the horizon. Hreeza could see she could say or do nothing more than agree, and with a peaceful nod, she then turned away leaving her friend and went back into the room.

Salixrana, Soronūmė's horse could be seen not so far from the King's halls. The elf looked down upon his friend, the quietly began to sing...

Walking paths seldom trodden
Wandering forests unknown by man,
Telling tales of myths forgotten
Strength in both mind and hand.

Living a life of solitude
Travelling by the day and dark,
A bright light shone from within
But lonely forever in his heart.

Cursed not with weary feet
Only with a lasting hope,
Navigating by the stars
His intuition led him home.