View Single Post
Old 01-04-2005, 02:58 AM   #2
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Pipe

Boromir88's post

This morning Rory was forced to eat with his parents, and siblings, because of the last incident. Rory convinced his youngest brother, Madoc, that Mirabella had taken his mushrooms they got from Old Maggot. Madoc ended up throwing his tea on his sister's dress. Like always Rory's parents found out he was behind it, and forced him to wash the dishes after every meal, and eat next to them, away from his siblings.

Rory sat eating next to his mother, who kept shooting glances at him. He wondered how he was going to be able to escape this time, his mom barely kept her eyes off him. Rory knew he had to escape, and sat contemplating how to do so. He already spotted Sondo had left, so he figured he better get out soon.

They already had food stocked by the river, but he managed to slip in some extra bread and berries into his pouch. Mirabella began to complain that she wanted some more tea. "I'm thirsty mama" she whined.

"Honey," Daisy said turning to her husband, Filiburt. "Could you get the kids some more drinks."

Rory perked up, this could be his chance he thought, "I'll do it." His mom looked at him suspiciously, but thought with all the trouble Rory was in, he should do it. "Ok, just don't you go causing any trouble for the cook. She fixes you these meals, you should be more grateful."

"Don't worry mama," he tried not to smirk, or appear he was up to something. He ran up to the cook and kindly asked, "May I get some more tea m'am?"

"Why of course you can, since you asked so nicely. I can't stand hobbits with no manners." She gave Rory a tray, with 6 cups filled with fresh, hot tea.

"Thank you m'am" he replied.

"Why anything for a generous little hobbit like yourself." she smiled.

Rory began walking back towards the table he was eating at, and figured it was now or never. Suddenly, he tripped over his feet and fell flat on his face, as the tray and tea cups went shattering on the floor. Every person dining in the hall turned their eyes on Rory, and the cook began to get red faced, she couldn't stand having to replace her precious china. Rufus and Madoc started cracking up laughing, acting out the scene, and Mirabella began to smirk realizing her brother was about to get it again.

Rory tried his best to keep a straight face, "Gee, I'm sorry m'am. This is all my fault, I'll go get a broom and sweep up this mess. I'm sorry, I'm just so clumsy sometimes." Rory let out a fake frown.

The cook's face which was flooded with red subsided back to normal color, "Oh it's ok, that sort of thing happens a lot around here. You're a nice boy. Yes, go get the broom, and sweep this up."

Rory spotted his parents rushing up to where he tripped. They had an expression of worry, and anger in their faces. Definitely worried they wouldn't have to compensate the cook, and angry at their son.

"Oh, I hope he hasn't caused you any trouble." Daisy pleaded with the cook. "Forgive him, he's constantly causing trouble." She let out a sharp glance at Rory. Rory bowed his head, knowing he was going to get in trouble, and probably be in more trouble when his parents found out what he was going to do.

"Not a bit," the cook responded, "your son was very kind, he even offered to clean this up. Don't worry about it." She then looked at Rory, "Just go get the broom, I'll sweep this up."

Mirabella had joined behind her parents, hoping to eavesdrop on the conversation. Daisy and Filiburt kept saying how sorry they were, and hope that Rory didn't cause her any problems. The cook kept reassuring them everything was ok.

Rory sprinted off, recognizing now was his chance. With his brothers occupied, fighting with eachother, and his parents and tattle-tale sister up with the cook. He bolted out of the door as fast as his feet could carry them, without stopping until he couldn't see the hall anymore. Oh boy, I'm going to get it when I get back, he thought. He quickly brightened, when he heard a faint chatter up towards the river, some of the hobbits must have already appeared. He figured they were waiting on him. He got to the hiding spot, Sondo and the other hobbits signalled him over, they were still waiting on a few others who said they would come. Atleast he got away, but he wondered if his parents knew he was gone yet, probably, it was a good ten minutes since he left the hall. He couldn't turn back now though, he knew he was already in deep trouble, might as well make the best of his opportunity.

Last edited by piosenniel; 01-04-2005 at 02:56 PM.