View Single Post
Old 01-08-2009, 01:58 PM   #278
Ilya
Wight

Ilya has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

I, ah, might skip entirely recapping Page 1, at least for now. Data < Lunch. Begin Page 2.

Post 41 - Nogrod:
Quote:
Says who? I mean the "actually playing" part... Are we now a bit too eager to show up our qualities as a decent player who has as his goal the elimination of the critics so that everyone could sing as bad as they wished? Have you Gwath started actually playing and what is your game?

Nice manouvres Fea! I did enjoy them. But then again that's the very same with everyone and everytime. The trick is to know when it's option b) rather than option a). And yes, one can get mad trying to come to a fair consideration about these...
Post 50 - Gwath:
Quote:
"Says who?"
Why, Napoleon, of course, in his Art of Werewolf (Maxim 13, if you're curious).

I said it. If the purpose of a particular post is to perplex upon inspection, I don't see the point in trying to analyze it. Why give the poster that satisfaction? This is my opinion.

"Are we now a bit too eager to show up our qualities as a decent player who has as his goal the elimination of the critics so that everyone could sing as bad as they wished?"
An ironic question, and one which does not follow very closely from the post in view. Nogrod attempts to make himself look good by accusing me of trying to make myself look good. Nice try.

"Have you Gwath started actually playing and what is your game?"
If I had a "game" (I suppose you mean "strategy"), I certainly wouldn't tell you about it.
Post 51 - Nogrod:
Quote:
"Talk of triple-lynching can be risky, even as a joke. Thankfully, we wraiths lack a sense of humor."
Making the point that a triple lynch (anyway we only can make a double-lynch) might be risky... hmmm... to whom at this point? For the critics themselves I think... one lynch and we probably end up with a fine and innocent singer toDay; a double lynch... the odds to bring down a critic get better... or at least the critics should have more to fear at this early hour if that option is open.

Anyway: confessedly lacking a sense of humour? A well known trait of music-critics over the whole wide world. Artists have fun, critics are grumpy, everyone knows that.

"An ironic question, and one which does not follow very closely from the post in view. Nogrod attempts to make himself look good by accusing me of trying to make myself look good. Nice try."
Accusing? Aren't we a wee bit touchy now?
*not an accusation, a question...*
Post 55 - Gwath:
Quote:
The two are by no means mutually exclusive. A question can be used to state one's opinion quite as easily as any other form of sentence, and your question had distinct accusatory overtones. Whether or not I was being touchy is a matter of perspective, however, and you can't please everyone.
End Page 2. Actually, that wasn't so bad. I'll go ahead and do the first page as well.