View Single Post
Old 02-08-2007, 03:13 PM   #17
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Roa_Aoife is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure
Something else: Should hunter and ranger be able to pm each other? If not, it is possible that the ranger and the hunter pick each other to protect/hunt the night the wolves come for the hunter. Is the hunter protected now and nothing happens, or does the hunter first slay the ranger and is killed after it? It would make an awesome narration.
A ranger protection always works that a kill is thwarted. The protectee doesn't even know that they've been targeted. That's how a ranger can act as a seer in a sense- when the Day starts, and the narration reveals that there was no kill, the ranger then knows that their protection worked, and that the person they protected is innocent. The protectee remains clueless. So, if a ranger protects a hunter whom the wolves attack, the hunter cannot die, or else it completely circumvents the point of a ranger. And if the hunter does not die, they make no kill.

As for communication between the two, I don't see why not, but it should be limited, such as only during the night, or something like that. I would not deem seer communications fair, though, since it lets a seer reveal info without being exposed, and that just removes the challenge for the village and makes it almost impossible for the wolves.

I didn't say you're evil, Roa, I said you're exasperating. -Nerwen
Roa_Aoife is offline   Reply With Quote