View Single Post
Old 02-23-2009, 04:29 PM   #274
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin View Post
And I love how Hansy summed up the whole thing.

But you know what, I have no desire to talk about that much more, because it normally ends up to be just a distracting mess. But on the other hand, I wouldn't mind seeing Fea gone at all. I get very sick of people saving one another at the loss of someone else simply because they like someone more. It only proves further that any sort of democratic system is a mindless popularity contest.
Even if I disagree with a lot Hansy said in his post I do agree with this one. His summing up (points 1 and 2 especially) I agree wholeheartedly.

Okay guys, be sporty! Like I and my daughters (Lommy & Greenie) are when in a game. We ruthlessly advocate lynching each other if we think we have a reason - and that goes also in a larger scheme of things to Aganzir and Volo as well who are our RL friends. I mean the reason why Fea the cobbler was not lynched yesterDay was friendship and not the arguments in the game. And we could be rid of a cobbler now...

Don't get me wrong: in a situation where I have no clue about who to vote I tend to vote for someone I think might not contribute to the game so much or to save someone who contributes or I enjoy a lot playing with. Sure. But during some last games I have gotten a feeling there is a kind of mutual consensus between some people to just keep on helping some others because of the social factor even if there are good reasons to vote differently...

Yes, I like to see tp around for more than one day, and Boro and Rikae and Mac, and Brinn and Nerwen and... *add a long list here* because I think they are nice people whom I know a bit and I know they will contribute to the game eg. play it. But if there is reason to belive one of them is a baddie I do not hesitate to vote them. That's called playing the game.

Blah, one distraction too much for me... Going back to look at voting...

EDIT: Kudos for your last one Dury! Good general points!
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote