View Single Post
Old 12-09-2002, 10:11 PM   #13
Orual
Speaker of the Dead

Orual has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I loved it! LoL, Tigerlily, if you get to go hang out with Billy and Dom, take me with you! I loved that part with the tape. ("He didn't ask me--he just slapped it on!" And in that accent...I swear that someday I'm going to live in the UK.)<P>Heh, I was irritated by the "Rohans" too. What the heck? I mean, I imagine that it's not easy to make anything for TV, they could've put a teeny bit more effort into it and <I>gotten the names right!</I> Oh well. I'm much more pleased with Miranda Otto than I had first anticipated. (I saw a rather bizarre picture of her and thought, "Oh shoot, they got Scully to play Eowyn!" Like I said, a weird shot.) And Gollum looks awesome...still sounds a bit like Donald Duck, but what's Gollum supposed to sound like? I never really had a firm idea. The Ents disappointed me a little bit ("Ack! <I>Wizard of Oz</I> flashbacks!" to paraphrase the BBE's), but I'm not going to draw any conclusions until I see the movie. The shots were very brief. And I think that I can forgive the CGI for John Rhys-Davies' sake...his voice is perfect for Treebeard. Exactly like it ought to sound.<P>Nine days and counting...::excited squeal::<P>~*~Orual~*~