View Single Post
Old 07-25-2010, 10:28 AM   #1767
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
My subconscious starts killing people again - I'm sorry!

So, we (Nogrod, Greenie, Agan and me) were on our way back to New York from the west and there was to be another 'downermoot in Rikae and Mac's house. They lived in New York City in a comfy red wooden house.

We were planning program for the evening when Boro got a brilliant idea: we should try playing fortune tellers to each other. He went upstairs to prepare everything, and Greenie and I followed him to help him with stuff. We had been there only for a few minutes when the curtains were suddenly drawn (the house had weird curtains that were outside the window). We opened the window to see what was happening. Fea had climbed the tree next to the window and had drawn the curtain to help us create a mystic atmosphere.

There was also a big swing attached to the tree branch. Fea went there and started playing with it. "Be careful," I said. "It's a long fall." For some reason, the fall from the tree branch or from Rikae&Mac's second storey windowsill was several hundred meters: you could see tiny houses and parks down there and also the river (which was called Anduin instead of Hudson River btw).

Fea just laughed at my warnings, and soon Agan, Encai, THE Ka, Princess Victoria of Sweden and the singer of one of my favourite bands (Jenny Wilhelms from Gjallarhorn in case somebody happens to know her) joined her in the tree and they all started doing dangerous tricks on the swing. Boro, Greenie and I watched them in horror and told them to come down but they were having a lot of fun so they were just ignoring us.

Then one of them got a brilliant idea: hey let's jump down to Anduin (which was quite narrow and very far down below them, I might add). "Idiots!" I cried. "Don't do that! That's [censored] dangerous - with the winds and all it's more probable you hit the houses or the streets!" But of course, they didn't heed my warnings but jumped, one by one. Boro and Greenie stood there, unable to move but staring at them falling in horror. "I can't watch," I said and turned away from the window.

We had to go to the streets and try to find out what had happened to them. We found Agan first, because she had landed quite close to the house and we had seen her fall and be caught by a parachutist in the air so that they had both landed with his parachute. She looked a bit dazed but she was fine. "What the [censored] you were thinking of?!" I asked. She grinned. "It was awesome." "Awesome? Do you understand some of you might be dead?" She raised her chin cockily and with a hint of a smile she said, carelessly: "I don't think they are."

Later we found out others had been as lucky as to survive the fall (Fea and THE Ka had managed to land in Anduin and the two random ladies had survived by some other means), but Encai was dead. A memorial park was established where she had fallen but I remember hoping it was done with honest grief and not maliciously in the style of the Darwin Awards.

I have a horrible subconscious, I know.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote