View Single Post
Old 08-19-2010, 08:22 AM   #1788
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
We were on a train.

We were all quite excited because the train pulling into the depot was really high-tech looking, and then it kept going without stopping, and it turned out our train was a sketchball looking little trolley that was squeaking on the rails, covered in rust.

So we piled in, and the seating was limited. Nienna and Formy were nauseatingly romantic, over in their own corner. Mira and Lari were along one wall. The phantom found a seat in the middle of everyone and everything, and I snagged the seat next to him, refusing to stand.

Wilwa was nearby, and I thought about offering my seat to her, but can't remember why I didn't. Nogrod was across the aisle, wearing pajama pants and trying to argue with us about whether or not he was intoxicated. I pointed out that he was wearing pajamas, and he stopped arguing.

At first we couldn't find Lommy, but it turned out she'd settled in the next compartment behind some very large people who obscured our view of her. She popped her head out and waved.

And then Greenie came. She'd boarded last, and again, I considered offering up my seat. But then I had a better idea.

Just as the phantom offered to let her sit on his lap for the duration of the ride, I patted my own lap and she settled in to snuggle with me instead of him.

I was really quite pleased about this.

Later, we were all playing paper telephone, but I was very confused as to how to play it. I was trying to write funny sentences that took up the whole page, but I only got about as far as thinking, "I should write something about Lommy and penguins" before I glanced over and saw that the phantom was very neatly writing his sentence inside of a grid.

Everyone else seemed to be gridding their letters too, because apparently the point of the game was to disguise your writing so nobody could guess who wrote the sentence.

I tried to start over, tooling my sentence into a pair of Italian leather men's shoes, but then Nog was insisting that we finish, and I realized that I'd misspelled something anyway, and my hand drawn grids were completely uneven.

Aganzir told me it would be fine, but I really didn't want to play any more.