View Single Post
Old 09-04-2009, 11:20 PM   #366
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
A sensible summary, Nerwen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
1 Wilwa is a wolf (i.e.the wolves framed Legate to take the heat off her).
I think the liklihood of that depends on how much 'heat' Wilwa was under.

Quote:
2. Nogrod is a wolf. (He was Guarded last Night.)
Certainly possible, but with no double kill last Night, and no Seer to vouch for him, we have no way of knowing that doesn't involve his death.

Quote:
3. The wolves are trying to "insure" themselves against a possible situation in which Wolf 4 (or the last wolf alive) is Guarded and thus would be revealed by the missing kill. (Suggested by Nilp yesterDay and Hakon toDay.).
That's plausible, but I think it unlikely to be the prime motive.

Quote:
4. The wolves are terrified of known innocents and consider it worth giving up their most obvious advantage in order not to create any. (Suggested by Legate and toDay by Zil. Or rather, there are others who agree the wolves might have done this, but I believe only those two consider(ed) it a worthwhile tactic
It does seem a strong lure that tactic would hold. Known innocents=less confusion for the village. That makes the most sense to me.

Quote:
5. The wolves assume that the village will lynch the Guarded person every time there's a missed kill. (See above.)
Surely they won't take that as a given, after Legate was proven innocent. But confusion is a powerful weapon.

Quote:
6. The wolves are playing dumb, to mislead us as to their identity. (Suggested by Wilwa.)
That would suugest they possess a good deal of experience and cunning, and wish to hide it.

Quote:
7. On each Night, there was no second kill that would not heavily implicate a pack member. (This is very unlikely, at least as the main reason, but I thought I might as well cover everything.)
With the sheer number of innocents remaining, I think that can be discounted for now.