View Single Post
Old 05-12-2011, 02:12 PM   #255
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Aldarion was quite surprised to see the lady that emerged from the droshky. Sador was nowhere to be seen, and this lady was obviously no servant, and Aldarion certainly did not know her. Why of all people did Sador choose this particular lady to fetch me? What's his angle?

Aldarion had spent the previous few hours in talks with Bregolas, and as a result was much more wary of Sador than he had been initially. Aldarion had already received a letter from his good friend Amlach warning him to be on guard, and Bregolas confirmed this, adding to it that he had gotten a peek at some of the communications Sador was sending and that they had been less than complimentary about the King's Players. There was mischief afoot! But what precisely, Aldarion did not know.

"I believe," asked the lady, "that you must be Galador's son, sir, late of the Swan Players? If you are he, then my younger brother has desired me to guide you. I am Aerwen, Lady of Burlach."

So, Sador sent his sister. Perhaps it was an honest choice then, as a member of the host family had as good a claim to fetch guests as anyone.

Aldarion thought it unwise to show any open suspicion, and so, actor born and raised as he was, he kept his thoughts securely locked in the back of his mind. Aldarion looked Aerwen straight in the eyes, smiled slightly, and inclined his head. "Well met, Lady of Burlach. I am indeed Aldarion, son of Galador." Now walking forward, he continued. "I would say 'at your service' or something similar, but I am afraid my services are entirely overstretched at the moment, as you may have heard from your brother. It is most kind that your family has allowed me an opportunity to forget my cares for a little while and be your guest."