View Single Post
Old 04-27-2007, 10:53 AM   #1687
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet
I'm not convinced the timeline's right. It assumes that Garmund and Cnebba could run all the way from the farm to the ruins in only ten minutes. We decided that the ruins were a rough mile outside of Edoras, and that the sheep farm was halfway between the EMH and the outskirsts of Edoras, which would make it, by a rough guess, an 1/8 mile from the end of town, at the most. So could kids age 7-10 run 1 1/8 miles in 10 minutes. Well, no. They may be fast, but they haven't built up that kind of endurance usually. So I think it would make better sense to add on 5 minutes, at the least, maybe 10. Thoughts?
Adding the extra 5-10 minutes makes sense. Actually, it would probably take me about 10-15 minutes to run a mile now - I really need to use the elevators less.

I should be able to post again tomorrow. If anyone has something to post before I'm back, please go ahead.