View Single Post
Old 02-22-2005, 07:12 AM   #31
Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Scent of Simbelmynė

Sophia the Thunder Mistress has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sophia the Thunder Mistress
White Tree

I'll second Lalwende's point:
Quote:
One I can recommend is the BBC adaptation of Gormenghast. This really does leave out a lot of the book, but the sheer drama of it is well worth seeing, plus it's got a fabulous cast, including Christopher Lee as Flay.
This was an excellent film, oh most excellent! I haven't gotten my hands on the books though, which saddens me.

I also am a Star Wars fan.

And one, heretofore unmentioned: Final Fantasy. Yes, I know, they're video games not movies, but the storylines are good enough that I think at least the more recent ones should qualify. Then there's the FF movie, the Spirits Within, which I own and thoroughly enjoy. I'd love to see a film version of FFX though, and I bet it could be done if someone was inventive.

Another vote for the Wonderworks Narnia films. Particularly the Silver Chair, I love the portrayal of Puddleglum.

And last but not least, I love and always have loved the Rankin-Bass Hobbit. The Bakshi LOTR I can take or leave, and the R-B ROTK I can just plain leave, but the Hobbit I think is a classic.

Anime? I like the wildly overdramatic Vision of Escaflowne series.

Sophia
The seasons fall like silver swords, the years rush ever onward; and soon I sail, to leave this world, these lands where I have wander'd. O Elbereth! O Queen who dwells beyond the Western Seas, spare me yet a little time 'ere white ships come for me!
Sophia the Thunder Mistress is offline   Reply With Quote