View Single Post
Old 04-04-2003, 05:44 PM   #109
Rochelle
Shade of Carn Dûm

Rochelle has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

**Well I went bike riding today...the sun was shining and it was great! However, my legs now feel like jelly after going only 4.5 miles *lol* What can I say? We should get "extra credit" for hills, that's all thats around western Washington [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] The trail I rode on has a lot of marshlands surrounding it, and my white sweatshirt looked like the front of a van when I was done! All those dead bugs...ew! Well I guess I'm still in Hobbiton after 7.5 miles *lol* **

Now for my survey thingy!

1. Which of the four hobbits (Frodo, Sam, Merry, Pippin) do you identify with the most? I'm going to say Frodo.

2. Why? He was very responsible, and knew when to have a good time, and when it was time to settle down to business. He didn't necessarily want to be in a leadership role, but he was able to get a job done when it needed to be done (ie getting the ring to Mt. Doom!) [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

3. Is there another hobbit besides those four that you identify with more? I think all of the hobbits have something I can relate to.

5. What's your favorite walking song?
I love to go awandering

6. What's your favorite Middle-Earth walking song? Let's see here....it would have to be an Old Walking Song [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Still round the corner there may wait
A new road or a secret gate;
And though I oft have passed them by,
A day will come at last when I
Shall take the hidden paths that run
West of the Moon, East of the Sun.

7. Do you sing it to a tune? Which one/where did you get it? Usually I can't remember all the words *lol* so I sing random lines to random tunes.

8. What's your primary method of getting to Rivendell? (Walking, running, biking... etc.)

walking

9. Secondary method of getting to Rivendell? (walking running etc.)

biking/horseback riding

10. If you had a Shire-pony what would you name him or her? *lol* Well I guess you could say I ride a few horses from Rohan [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] But if I had a nice stout shire pony I would have to call him Tubby

11. Besides the usual camping & travel stuff, what single special item is in your hobbit-knapsack and why? *lol* defibrilator...just in case my heart stops from overexertion!

12. Are you travelling alone or with other Rivendell walkers, and do they have hobbit-alter-egos? I'm the lonely wanderer...with y'all to talk to after the fact!

13. Many of you have or will post quotes from the book about walking-- but for this quiz, pick one that stands out the most in your mind, and then tell us why you like it or what it means to you.

"It's a dangerous business...Frodo, going out your door. You step out onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to."

That was more of a movie quote than anything, but it stuck with me! When you're walking, you have time to think and your imagination can explore new worlds. So make sure you have your wits about you or you'll walk to far and have to call someone to bring you back!

14. In hobbit-society, have you come of age yet (33) or not? Nope, I guess you could consider me in my hobbit middle teenage years [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

What you can/cannot tolerate/enjoy about the Shire that we're leaving behind: The lack of privacy

15. Pipes: yes or no? No pipes for me, that's one thing I could never understand. We all know that smoking does bad things to your lungs...how could they walk 458 miles and more with the amount they puffed away? Especially Gandalf *lol*

16. Ale: yes or no? No ale for me!

17. Gardens: Yes or no? If yes, would you rather walk through, or weed & dig?
I love the beauty of nature, and gardens are definatly the most colorful form! I'm more of a walk and see kinda hobbit...I'll let sam do the diggin!

18. Living below ground: yes or no? I suppose if it had adequate lighting I could manage!

19. Dancing the Sprinkle Ring: yes or no?
sure why not?

20. Huge parties: yes or no? if they all bring gifts I say go right on ahead and have a big party! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

21. What you like the least about The Shire?
No horses...I'd definatly prefer Rohan over any other land.

22. Where you would want your summer cottage (or smial)? Well it would take me all summer to get there, but I think Rohan would be just delightful!

23. Where you would settle in for the winter?
My nice cozy hobbit hole [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

24. What would your hobbittish profession be? Well your shire ponies will need shire shoes, so I think I'd take up responsibility as the shire farrier *loL*

"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens"
Rochelle is offline   Reply With Quote