View Single Post
Old 03-14-2012, 03:18 AM   #214
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Ring

Well, Legate already did a Naruto version. So I shall up the metaphorical ante with something . . . deeper in the anime esoterica.

(Urubochi Gen's someone who would be into the concept of eucatastrophe.)

~*~*~

Anello Portatore FrodoMagica
by Magica Quartet

Episode 8: I'm Such a Fool

[Spoiler warning: In the absolutely ludicrously unlikely case that you are following the original show, turn back now. Here be spoilers.]

"Ringbearers are messengers of hope, locked in perpetual battle with the Ringwraiths, bearers of despair. Annatar, a mysterious creature of fair semblance, offers young Hobbits a contract: he will grant one of their wishes, in exchange for becoming Ringbearers.

"Miki Sméagol and Sakura Bilbo discover the truth behind Ringbearers: that their souls have been taken from their bodies and placed inside the rings they bear. The next day, Smeagol realises that his grandmother, whom he had healed with a miracle he had obtained in exchange for becoming a ringbearer, continues to hold him in contempt. Smeagol falls deeper into despair."

[Madoka Frodo is sitting on a park bench, clearly in anguish. Annatar appears from behind a tree.]

Annatar: Do you hate me, too?

Madoka Frodo: If I hate you, will you turn Sméagol back?

Annatar: No. I'm afraid that's beyond my power.

Frodo: You said that I would be a really powerful Ringbearer. Is that true?

Annatar: "Really powerful" is an understatement. You would be extraordinarily powerful. Possibly the most powerful in Middle-earth.

Frodo: If I had listened to you, maybe Sméagol wouldn't have become a Ringbearer...

Annatar: Sméagol made his own wish. It has nothing to do with you.

Frodo: Why me? What's so special about me?

Annatar: I don't know. Honestly, your hidden potential is something I would never have even dreamed of, a Hobbit with a power equal to that of an Elf lord or a hero of the Edain. I would like an explanation myself.

Frodo: Really?

Annatar: All I know is, if you unleash your power, you may just cause a miracle, or you may even change the laws of Arda. But I can't explain why you alone have that kind of power.

Frodo: I thought I didn't have any dreams. I thought I'd just live out my life here in the Shire, never being able to make anyone happy or be good for anything. It made me sad and lonely, but there was nothing I could do about it.

Annatar: But the reality is very different. If you wish it, Frodo, I could make you into God.

Frodo: Then could I do what you couldn't?

Annatar: And what's that?

Frodo: If I made a contract with you, could I turn Sméagol back to normal?

Annatar: It would be easy for you. Is that a wish worth trading away your soul?

Frodo: For Sméagol, gladly. Make me a Ringbe--

[Annatar is shot in the eye with an arrow. Out of the shadows comes the figure of Akemi Samwise, holding a bow.]

Frodo: This is horrible! Why did you kill him?

Akemi Samwise: Why are you always sacrificing yourself? You're not good for anything?

Frodo: Huh?

Samwise: You have no meaning? Don't put yourself down. Think about the people who care about you. Stop this! There are people who would mourn if you were gone! Why don't you understand? What about everyone who is trying to protect you?

[Samwise falls to his knees.]

Frodo: Sam!

[Frodo stares blankly at Sam as the vague shadows of memory assault him.]

Frodo: Have we... Have we met somewhere before?

Samwise: I'm sorry...

Frodo: I have to find Sméagol.

Samwise: Wait! Miki Sméagol is already--

Frodo: I'm sorry.

[Frodo walks away.]

Samwise: Wait, Mr Frodo!

[Samwise reaches out for Frodo, but his knees won't support him. He falls back to the ground, sobbing. Meanwhile Annatar's body reforms, and he stands up holding the arrow that has pierced him.]

Annatar: You just don't learn, do you? That is not my true body. Destroying it won't do any good. You're just wasting your energy.

[Samwise stands back up, staring evenly at Annatar.]

Annatar: This is the second time you've tried to kill me. That's told me what kind of attacks you use. That was time-manipulation, right?*

[Samwise continues to stare at Annatar.]

Annatar: It seems that my guess was right. You aren't from this timeline, are you?

Samwise: I know what you are and what you're planning.

Annatar: And that's why you keep interfering with me. But do you think you can change Kaname Frodo's fate like this?

Samwise: Yes. I will not allow your plan to succeed, Annatar... Or should I say Sauron, Lord of the Rings?

[The scene switches to Sakura Bilbo and Miki Sméagol.]

Sakura Bilbo: I finally found you. When are you gonna stop being stupid?

Miki Smèagol: Sorry for wasting your time.

Bilbo: Huh? That's weird for you to say.

Smèagol: I don't care anymore. What was important to me, what I wanted to protect... I don't know what those are anymore.

Bilbo: Hey.

[Sméagol reveals his ring. The inscription on it is glowing bright red.]

Smèagol: Hope and despair always balance out to zero. That's what you said, right? I understand what that means now. I did save a few people, but with each one, the hate in me grew. I even hurt Frodo, my best friend.

Bilbo: Sméagol, did you...?

Smèagol: Whenever I wish for someone to be happy, someone else has to suffer as much. That's what it means to be a Ringbearer.

[Tears fall from Sméagol's eyes]

Smèagol: I'm such a fool.

[Sméagol's ring reacts, glowing and distorting the space around it.]

Bilbo: SMÉAGOL!!!

[Annatar watches from some high place.]

Annatar: Ringbearers refer to those who bear rings. And once the bearer falls into despair, they turn into Ringwraiths.
The plot, cut, defeated.
I intend to copy this sig forever - so far so good...

Last edited by Nilpaurion Felagund; 03-14-2012 at 05:33 AM.
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote