View Single Post
Old 05-01-2003, 09:14 PM   #294
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
Boots

The Saucepan Man thanked LinGalad for his kind comments, noting that Eruanna deserved the credit for her wonderful paper and comb solo. He would liked to have talked further, but the stranger melted back into the shadows.

He turned back to Trippo and Iarwain as they discussed the evening's wierd and wonderful events. They were joined by Arafangwen, as Trippo made his excuses and left for the night. Conversing happily with Arafangwen and Iarwain, Saucepan remembered that he had wanted to debate with Iarwain the magical qualities, or was it powers, of his enchanted Pot.

Suddenly, he gasped with horror. He had glanced over to where he had left the Fantastic Feastpot of the Fanatical Foodies and saw that it was ... missing!

Arafangwen and Iarwain stared in amazement as he rummaged frantically through his pots and pans.

"It's gone! The magic word has gone!" wailed Saucepan.

"What magic word?", enquired Iarwain.

"The note on which I wrote the magic word for the Feastpot. It's gone! And so has the Feastpot!" A look of utter horror crossed his face.

"What's the problem?" asked Arafangwen.

"Well, the Feastpot is a magical item which can produce any item of food that the user asks for, provided he knows the magic word. Time and time again."

"Sounds like a useful thing to have at a party to me" said Arafangwen, not at all clear as to why Saucepan was making such a fuss. "I'm sure someone hungry just borrowed it."

"You don't understand" moaned the Saucepan Man. "If it gets into the wrong hands ... imagine the things that an Orc would ask for, or a Dragon ... or ... no, sweet mercy ... Hobbits!"

The consequences were unthinkable. Saucepan pulled himself together with much clattering of pans and dashed off at pace in the direction of the kitchens.

"This could take some time" he thought to himself. "I may be away from the party for a while."

[ May 01, 2003: Message edited by: The Saucepan Man ]