View Single Post
Old 04-10-2010, 07:20 PM   #408
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Okay, looking back at yesterDay I can see what Lommy was talking about with Lottie's suspicious behaviour, though I don't agree with it. No matter now.

Greenie's vote did have poor reasoning, however I'm not sure it's wolfish. She seemed a bit rushed at the time and took the easy route by going with her gut. Nogrod is the first I believe to mention he doesn't like her vote. Then Shasta votes Greenie. Later on Glirdan calls the vote bandwaggonish. Lottie is convinced she's evil. Inzil mentions her vote looks bad but excuses it due to possible RL reasons. Boro states he's for a Greenie lynch. Nienna and Loslote vote Greenie.

I'm not sure there's much to make out of this bandwagon after all. It was mostly pushed by Boro and Lottie, who are both innocent. The only ones who come out looking possibly bad in this are Nienna for not explaining her vote (though it seems she was saving Lottie, but I'm not sure how much she actually suspected Greenie) and Shasta for dropping that bomb out of nowhere. But even then I'm not sure their votes are necessarily evil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir
The thing is, nobody said that you have good insights and you're a very good player/wolf - during the day.
Okay, well I thought in my skimming I just missed it. But whatever, it seems winty admits he was just making it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir
And although Brinn brought up other points against him (you can't vote for someone early and explain it by things "others have said"), her reaction to winty's post is somewhat lesser than I imagined it would be. It looks as if she was giving him advice, but if they were fellows why did he vote for her then? Of course it's possible she's nothing but an experienced player instructing a newbie, regardless of their roles...
My reaction was lesser? What did you expect, that I'd explode with outrage? winty's vote and reasons behind it were irritating, but at the same time so absurd that I had no reason to be upset. As for the advice thing, don't you think if I were a wolf giving my fellow advice about his actions from yesterDay, I would've done it last Night by PM instead? It was your last sentence which was the case; sometimes newbies need some guidance and I'm willing to do that rather than blow him off.

Mira's vote for winty and reasoning for it doesn't sit quite right with me. It's again taking the easy route, and it's hard to say whether it's actually sinister or just an innocent busy with RL.

About Sally. One thing that caught my eye from yesterDay was when she used her retraction, it really looked like she was simply following the flock in order to look better. Her vote for Legate wasn't great either; as someone mentioned, it was a bit of a throwaway considering she seemed eager to save Lottie. Today she's quite defensive, which is understandable since she does have the most votes. But with her over-the-top behaviour, I can also understand why the votes are piling up. This sort of behaviour does remind me of a wolfish Sally in previous games.

Lottie: While I believe there could very well be a good chance one of your suspects is a wolf, the likelihood of all of them being one is extremely slim. And this certainty can easily skew your opinions of everyone else. Though I noticed recently it looks like you are starting to open up the possibility that you may be wrong, which is good because you need to be open to other scenarios. Though I must say, I'm rather tempted to put Lottie's suspicions to the test and lynch one of those four. Has she beenas good at spotting wolves in the past as she says?

Also, I keep forgetting that Izzy and Nerwen exist in this game...not sure exactly what that means.

I feel like I had more to say, but if I did, I've lost it. Anyway, this post took forever and it's almost deadline which means time to vote soon..