View Single Post
Old 01-30-2005, 04:43 PM   #72
The Tennis Ball Kid
Animated Skeleton

The Tennis Ball Kid has just left Hobbiton.
Box-set with complete score coming!

The entire score is coming out on CD! More info: here, and here.
Quote:
Anyway, things continue to progress at the corporate level. You know, with a project of this size, there’s always the question of exactly who will put it out? Or, how will it physically be packaged? Or, how will it impact other releases – when’s the best time to put it out? And of course there’s always the question of how exactly to present it all. There’s so much great music that you’ve not heard, even in the films. As I’ve mentioned before in emails to some of you, the word I’ve continually heard bandied about is "legacy." Everyone wants to make this something special. And we as fans know all too well what happens when things are rushed out.

So, that being said, understand that there’s not a set release date yet. I believe the intention all along has been to make this a fourth quarter release, which I think is a good idea. So, if it’s out in 2005, expect it around the holiday season. And should it be 2006, the same will hold true, I think. (This isn’t my way of hinting that it won’t be next year... no one really knows yet. As the other Douglas Adams said, "Don't panic!")
Quote:
he nine-disc cd set will be similar to the ROTK special edition soundtrack, in that it will most likely also have a documentary part with the cds. The cds will have every bit of music recorded for the EE editions of the three movies. It also will include some out takes, such as the first version of the fellowship theme, and music from an Arwen scene that was cut from the movie.
Anybody else excited about this?

ttbk
The Tennis Ball Kid is offline   Reply With Quote