View Single Post
Old 07-19-2008, 05:16 PM   #552
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren View Post
Would they still be working on the archery a month later?
Certainly... You don't learn that in a month... and Javan would learn more himself as he's required to teach and thence forced to think of the things he knows... and which he himself learns while teaching... and some passers-by (anyone interested to post on that?) might give them some advice (who could resist the chance of teaching youngsters with the arrows if they knew the trade?).

Quote:
Elempi, will more stones need to be gathered as the building progresses? I had thought of something that I could do during one of the stone gathering expeditions, but I see in your post that many stones have already been quarried and shaped. If that's all they'll need, that's fine, but if more will be brought in, I'd like to do something in it.
Just my opinion. This will be a gargantuan enterprise so nothing's enough...

There's clearly no wood enough to build the Mead Hall so it needs to be made of stones as lord Eodwine foresaw... But just try to figure out the number of stones which it would take a host of men to heave up and carry and then for some (two persons basically - well Stigend and a few soldiers might learn it...) - to mould and get it right. And then think of a great hall... It's not a month or two but longer...

Just my opinion calling for realism...

EDIT: X'd with Foley... Let's see to it...