View Single Post
Old 12-04-2003, 11:59 AM   #10
Lyta_Underhill
Haunted Halfling

Location: an uncounted length of steps--floating between air molecules
Lyta_Underhill has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Quote:
I am getting a blond wig and going sword fighting with my friends in a field. I just hope no scared neighbourhood residents call the police!
I suppose it depends on what you're using for swords! The day after Halloween, I donned my entire Frodo outfit and went on my Walk to Rivendell route, passing some really confused country children, who were revving up their mini four-wheelers and shouting for some reason...

Swordfighting sounds good! I prefer a staff, though, and I carry a fighting jo (4 ft. staff) as a walking stick, just in case some lunatic decides he's going to try to kidnap me. If he gets through that, there's my folding knife, or even a blinding splash from my water bottle...plenty of limestone around too...heh heh! Can you tell I'm always on the lookout for things to use as defensive weapons? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Believe it or not, you can use a styrofoam cup or a credit card as a weapon, but I think this post has gone far enough off topic for now!

Back on track, I have had no time to think straight, much less costume myself, so its Frodo Baggins again for ROTK, if I can bear the bare feet in mid December! Still wearing my One Ring (my own, not that silly movie version!) around my neck on a chain. May put it back in its proper place when I reach Rivendell...haven't decided yet!

Cheers,
Lyta

P.S. I desperately want to make a Gondorian armor T-shirt (black tee with silver seven stars, seven stones and one white tree on the front. Has anyone tried this successfully? Was thinking of using fabric paint.)

Edit:
Quote:
You need an imagination of course!
Not around here, Eomer! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Some of the trees around here look as if they could get up and walk about at any moment!

[ 1:03 PM December 04, 2003: Message edited by: Lyta_Underhill ]
“…she laid herself to rest upon Cerin Amroth; and there is her green grave, until the world is changed, and all the days of her life are utterly forgotten by men that come after, and elanor and niphredil bloom no more east of the Sea.”
Lyta_Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote