View Single Post
Old 09-01-2004, 06:58 AM   #484
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Location: Elvish singing is not a thing to miss, in June under the stars
mark12_30 has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to mark12_30 Send a message via Yahoo to mark12_30
Good news!

This morning alak pm'ed me-- she is settling into a new place and her internet connection is up and working! Hallelujah! I'm sure RL is still keeping her busy as she settles in, but she promises to post before too long.

lmp is also busy-- he can use prayer as FWW is taking up a good deal of his time.

Some game thoughts:

Mellondu, aka Fingon, has resurfaced in Amroth. Amroth is not in complete despair, but he is quite discouraged and has retreated to consider his options. Amroth sensed (or will sense) Mellonin's dreams slipping through as he was searching desperately for the withdrawn thoughts of Nimrodel. He dismissed her as unimportant; but Mellondu recognized her, and concern for her was part of what caused him to assert himself.

Mellonin does not know any of this (I think.)

I would think Erebemlin and Taitheneb should be feeling pretty insecure about their king having withdrawn. They might interrogate Mellondu, or they might just go digging for their king... alak, what do you think? How would they react to this?

I do think they will keep up with the detective work. Tharonwe is guarding against Amroth; is he guarding against Mellondu? (since he's sharing a body with Amroth, Mellondu is catching the message-traffic so to speak.) Is Tharonwe guarding against Erebemlin and Taitheneb? What about Nethwador? Any one of them could sense additional interference from Tharonwe, thus clue-ing the Rohan fellowship to go Swamp-Elf-Hunting.

Speaking Of Swamps and hunts:

We need to come up with some sort of explaination for the Swamp Watcher in the Water. He seems to be Tharonwe's pet. Remember that Nimrodel, Amroth, and Tharonwe were around 1000 years ago when the dwarves aroused Durin's Bane in Moria, and that was what caused Nimrodel to flee. How would Tharonwe have connected with The Watcher In The Water's spawn?

I can think of a few options: One, he traversed to the West Gate of Moria (Over or Under the mountains) and spoke/osanwe'd with THe Watcher, and negotiated to take an egg or a baby-watcher eastward. The Watcher seems pretty reptilian and probably wouldn't care much.

Or-- the Watcher came from the northern mountains, beyond Mirkwood, where the Dragons are etc, and is a leftover from Morgoth.

Meanwhile:

Ędegard and Argeleafa are seeing a different type of stars this morning? More like the cartoon-style, after having been slugged...
(0_0)
(x_x)