View Single Post
Old 01-20-2004, 08:03 PM   #202
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Nerindel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nerindel Send a message via MSN to Nerindel Send a message via Yahoo to Nerindel
Sting

Vanwe

Finding herself again in the confides of a cell, again mistaken for her mother, Vanwe did what she usually did when finding herself in such situations; she withdrew into herself and waited for her captors to realise their mistake. However, the image of the elf behind the trellis window haunted her, adding yet more fuel to the compulsion that Naiore set deep within her, it threw her mind into turmoil, from which she could find no rest.

Locked in this turmoil and unrest, she barely noted the coming and goings of her warders, their questions audible but indistinguishable she sat cowered on the wooden floor, her arms hugging her knees close to her chest, but even that brought her little comfort. A small silvery light fell at her feet, drawing her sapphire eyes slowly upwards, she did not hear the gasps of the two elves who for the past hour had been trying to get answers from her, and they saw the light of another in their care in her eyes! Nor did she note their sudden change in questions as they tried to ascertain her name and her reason for being here, when orcs where attacking their very borders. she just stared at the silvery moon beam grasping to it like her own glimmer of light... her father was alive as was her mother, she would come for them!

The two elves soon gave up their questioning and left, Leaving orders for food and water to be brought to the elf. They also ordered her watchers to inform them if there was any change or if she decided to speak. However, she did neither and the food now lay cold and untouched.

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+

Léspheria

Darkness began to fill the valley as Léspheria hurried across the stone bridge, the moonlight reflecting off the clear waters of the Bruienen, gave a silvery glow to the hidden haven. Léspheria did not stop to admire its beauty but made her way through the gardens to the last homely house. As she passed a small cottage to her right she faltered a torrent of emotions assailing her sensitised mind, raising her hand to her head she looked up to the broken window of the cottage, from within she could hear Menecin pounding on his door and yelling at his guards.

"It's not her! It's not her!" he raged

Shaking her head sadly she moved on, the bard was prone to violent outbursts and bouts of denial regarding Naiore's treachery, so she thought no more of it. However, even as she dismissed Menecin's denial the memory of Naiores attack at the ford came back to her. The elf had assailed her with her mother’s most painful emotions; Léspheria remembered them well having endured her mothers torment at the hands of the Revennor. Her mother’s realisation that Naiore had betrayed her was the worst of all, that knowledge had broken her mother’s strong spirit.

As she pushed open the large wooden doors and stepped into the house, her weariness and despair began to ebb away. She determinedly made her way down the ornate hallway, But the usual laughter and song that greeted the weary traveller was not to be heard. The halls were silent and elves hurried back and forth some with messages and guards preparing to defend their homes! Léspheria turned to her right and found herself greeted by two guards that stood before the doors of the main audience hall. Each clad in gold plate and bright helms covered their dark heads.

"Lady Léspheria, it is good to see you well!" one of the guards said greeting her and as she looked at the guard, she saw that it was young Lírëvaire; the young elf lived up to the name given him, Song weaver, and wrote some of her most favourite pieces. It surprised her that he now stood guard in front of the great hall.

"Temporary I assure you!" the young elf laughed seeing her confusion, "Every man was needed when the orcs attacked" he continued the bright smile fading into a disheartened sigh… she place a comforting hand on his shoulder and with effort the elf smiled nodding his thanks.

"Now I must speak with our lords at once on an important matter!" she told him urgently

"Of course my lady" he replied pushing open the doors to the great halls.

She stepped confidently inside, there were several elders and councillors within, and on the dais sat, Elladan and his brother Elrohir paced restlessly behind him, the Lords were in deep conversation, which stopped abruptly at her entrance.

"My Lords" she said with a respectful dip of her head, "I bring grave news!"

"Master Tallas is dead!" there was a moments silence then hastened whispers spread through the assembled elves, stopping abruptly as Elrohir spoke.

"This is grievous news indeed, but I must ask what of his tomes?"

"They were taken and destroyed by Naiore," she answered grimly.

"So she knows that the bard lives?" Elladan sighed looking to his brother.

"Yes my Lord, I believe the orcs are her doing, a diversion so she can get to him!" at the mention of the disgraced elf of the house of Finarfin, a heavy silence filled the room, until Elladan finally spoke.

"Come you must tell us everything!"

"Even if something seems unimportant you must share it!" Elrohir added offering her a seat.

Léspheria took the seat and began to retell her pursuit of Naiore, starting from her letter from Lothaniel.

Last edited by Nerindel; 03-18-2004 at 06:06 AM.