View Single Post
Old 04-21-2004, 07:47 AM   #206
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Location: Elvish singing is not a thing to miss, in June under the stars
mark12_30 has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to mark12_30 Send a message via Yahoo to mark12_30
Question timing, travel, and stubborness

Nuru & lmp, this is delightful! I like these Wayfarers. I'm pondering Amroth's response.

One thing to keep in mind is that Alak is waiting (breathlessly) under the eaves of Lorien to join the game. Stopping to rest Amroth right now will hold her back from joining the action and I'd rather not do that. So I'm thinking of having Amroth's stubborn reply be, "I'll rest when I get to Lorien and not before." I'm still percolating how to do it, since Liornung's plea was so persuasive...

On another note--

In past games I've found that it helps to keep the game moving if you have a good guess who has the opportunity of posting next. This isn't a rule, or a controlling thing.. it's just so that we have an idea who is on when, in case it will help move the game along (generally I've found that it does.)

What I think I know:
mark12_30 is generally on early morning, lunchtime, and late evening Eastern Standard time... and whenever else I can pop a window up.
littlemanpoet is generally on evenings, Central time.
Alak is generally on Evenings (Central or mountain time? I forget)
Imladris checks briefly afternoons and is on in the evenings Pacific time.

Now for the wild guesses. For Aylwen , Orual and Nuru I didn't know where to begin guessing! I did a post-search & looked at yoour recent post times... I hope that wasn't too nosey?

Aylwen Dreamsong: Previous posting pattern of noonish and evenings Eastern time?
Orual-- Looks like Noonish & evenings, eastern?
Nuru-- Previous posting pattern (Eastern Standard time 1 AM, 1 PM, and sometimes 4 -6 pm. Somehow I don't think you're on the east coast...?

Again, youare all free to tell me to mind my own business. But if we post leaving specific openings for another gamer, understanding the schedule does help to keep things moving. Sometimes leaving multiple openings is also helpful.

Last edited by mark12_30; 04-21-2004 at 11:47 AM.