View Single Post
Old 04-06-2009, 12:57 PM   #428
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groin Redbeard View Post
*sheepishly raises a hand*

Sounds fine to me, Legate. Perhaps Frar and Tror could find something that would allude the the presumption that Oin is captured or dead like a dropped item of his that they find on an Orc's belt (yes I do expect fighting with Tror, Frar, and the Orcs). Misunderstandings are so much fun in RPGs!
Done! I have let (as you may notice) Óin lose his tinderbox, and it may be really some sort of special one, so you can make Trór or Frár find it on some dead Orc (who found it and picked it, because it's nice. Or simply because he is a tracker and kept it as a track. Well, you don't have to solve this question). Óin is now free to be approached by ANY character, and I would especially encourage people who have not posted that much or have not interacted much with my characters yet. (Groin, with all respect, I think our characters had enough interaction among themselves, I would prefer Óin to interact with somebody else's character ) Óin needs to be informed yet specifically about how did Balin die, and he will also convey his news about the approaching Orcs (somebody may just use it in his/her post, it's not necessary that I reply to it in particular - you may as well just say "Óin then told XXX all he saw, about the Warg Riders and heavy-armoured orcs and battering rams etc.").

Durelin, you can write Kór's (and/or Kórin's) reaction to Onli's "invitation", and even make them approach Náli if I am not here to post (again, just say "Onli led him...") - or, if you wish to engage some longer dialogue before that, go ahead.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories