View Single Post
Old 01-21-2003, 05:52 PM   #284
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

VanimaEdhel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to VanimaEdhel Send a message via MSN to VanimaEdhel
Silmaril

Menelduliniel and Estelarion only then arose from where they had still been laying. They had both been awake, but they listened to the bustle around them, hoping that they could eavesdrop without the others being aware of their presence.

The conversations continued around them as they crossed over to where Holly and Bird were.

"I’m working on it, Holly. I’m getting there. It’s just not clear quite yet," Bird said as they approached.

"What is not clear?" Estelarion asked, curious.

"Riddles," Holly replied vaguely.

"Do not ask us to solve it," Menelduliniel said, "We are no use with riddles ever. We much prefer to listen than to solve."

Menelduliniel and Estelarion departed, for they knew that the other two would probably want to talk in private for a bit longer.

The two wandered over to Poppy, who was sitting alone at the moment. They sat down on either side of her, and she offered them some food. They obligingly took it and ate rather quickly. Menelduliniel and Estelarion looked over the top of Poppy's head, then looked down at Poppy.

"What have you heard?" Menelduliniel asked her bluntly.

"Have you heard what is going on?" Estelarion continued for Menelduliniel, "We heard that the man is from Bree at some point, but have you heard any other tidings? What brought that disheveled man to join our party? Will he be coming with us? What is his story? Has anyone spoken in front of you of what is going on?"

Both looked curiously and expectantly at the small Hobbit. They both figured that, as she was trust-worthy, she could have heard some of the discussion, as the others would have looser tongues around her.