View Single Post
Old 12-18-2003, 07:13 AM   #10
Essex
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Essex has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I want to see pretty much ALL of the above on the EE plus:<P>1/ Frodo and Sam showing empathy towards Gollum (ie letting him go) just before the Cracks of Doom<P>2/ Merry pledging his alleigance to Theoden and sitting talking about the shire. this could lead to a 'you are like a father to me', but then this has been changed I suppose by Theoden's death speech going to Eoywn and not Merry<P>3/ The Epilouge (ie the ending of the tale of years from the appendix)<P>4/ Gandalf regarding Merry 'he should have been borne into the city in great honour' and Merry stating 'Are you going to bury me?'<P>5/ Eomer finding Eoywn's 'body' and then charging off on a killing spree with his immortal lines.<P>6/ More time on the hobbits coming back to the Shire.<P>7/ In fact more time from the Ring being destroyed onwards. This was too rushed.<P>8/ Gandalf showing the third elven ring, and Celeborn being brushed out! They are not showing Galadriel's burden of leaving Middle Earth without her husband.<P>9/ Frodo sick in bed during his '4' years back in the Shire, from Sword, Sting and Bite.<P>10/ Aragorn, Legolas, Gimli figthing the Corsairs.<P>11/ Theoden's funeral<P>12/ Goodbyes from the fellowship, especially Gimli's line of them not being all together ever again<P>13/ seeing Aragorn find the sapling of the one tree. (although what we'll probably see is the dead tree come alive again. you can just see it in blooming in the background during Aragorn's coronation scene)<P>14/ the main ones I want to see is Gandalf's confrontation with the Witch king, and hopefully (as this totally changes the end of the film), Sam putting on the Ring. I know, I know - This won't happen, as I thought a couple of years back when I saw the emphasis Jackson put on the power of Sauron's sight when Frodo put on the ring. Ah well, Sam now won't follow Frodo into the West now.........<P>15/ (Edited in) Whoops. I forgot to add in one of my favourite scenes. The Crossroads!! How could I have forgot that?<p>[ 8:41 AM December 18, 2003: Message edited by: Essex ]
Essex is offline   Reply With Quote