Thread: Unforbidden
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2005, 06:05 PM   #24
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Mormegil was sitting and performing his mundane daily tasks when he decided on a quick reprieve from the tedium. "I know" he thought "I'll make a quick stop to the Barrowdowns to see if anything has happened since I was last there" He attempted to gain entry to the portal, instead of the usual dark screen, all he saw was a horrible white face staring back at him. "Huh, that's funny" was his thought "I was just there not twenty minute ago. It must simply be a temporary closure"

Minutes ticked by and the tedium continued. Mormegil sat musing "what will happen if instead of being in the realm that I hold dear I am consigned to talking with those I sit with while doing my tasks." A cold shiver ran through his body at the thought. His faith that the problem would be resolved, however, remained resolute and soon he would gain entry to the portal. He was certain that at least for his lunch he would be able to take part in his daily discussion and mirth making.

His faith was shaken and great change began to come over him, when, at lunch, there was still that horrible white screen where once there was beauty. "What have I done, why would I be banned" these were the evil thoughts beginning to take shape in the recesses of his mind. "No, it's not just me, or is it?" For you see, poor Mormegil had nobody to ask or no other way of contacting those whom he considers friends. "I know" he exclaimed, "I'll merely try a different terminal". Upon doing this, he discovered that way was shut too and the next and the next. He contacted home pleading with his wife to try his usual terminal. All was to no avail. He was simply shut out.

Now you must understand, with no contact from his friends, Mormegil became a pathetic creature taking solice in looking at pictures of his fellows, his only tangible memory of his lost world. His once mediocre mind began quickly to deteriorate and evil thoughts commenced taking over. His speak became less intelligible, and soon he was simply speaking disjointed phrases. "Where has it gone precious?" "Will we ever gets it back we wonders?" "Filthy nasssty white face! We hates it we do!" Were all the thoughts left to wretched Mormegil. In such twisted thoughts he didn't sleep well and aroused himself around 5:00 in the morning. "Perhaps now precious it is back and we haves it again. Let's check the portal yes let's." To his distress there was still the nasty white face mocking him. But there was hope, his mind wasn't completely gone. "What if" he wondered, "somebody left poor Morm a message with his pictures, then we will know precious, we will know that we are not alone."

To his great satisfaction, sweet Lalwende sent out a ray of light and hope. "There are others out there too" he proclaimed. Knowing that he wasn't alone brought him great comfort. Then he found that the nasty white face had gone and he could go back to the darkness. Jubilation ensued and I must say here that Mormegil has regained most of his mind, but not before thinking of the nasty white face and yelling "GO AWAY AND NEVER COME BACK!"

Last edited by mormegil; 09-01-2005 at 05:27 PM. Reason: A rather embarassing editting mistake occured when writing here and transfering to word to edit. A lot of duplicate paragraphs...sorry