View Single Post
Old 11-29-2006, 03:52 PM   #109
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
It'll be interesting to see how all this plays out. Fans will give a long, hard fight for PJ until a director is chosen. Even so, I seriously have my doubts whether PJ will end up as director- even if he does end up able to direct it, would he actually choose to? I'm not sure that is how PJ would want to become director of The Hobbit. Besides, while everyone is fighting for him, he'll be moving on and doing other projects. If PJ ever did end up as director, it would be years before a film is made.

I've noticed The Hobbit has popped up on IMDB, just underneath the 1977 version. Unfortunately, I can't access anything further, since I'm not an IMDBPro member and am not willing to pay. The film is listed to be released in 2009...of course that's only projected, but it gives an idea of what New Line's goals are.

Quote:
If the job was given to Tim Burton, at least we'd be sure to get a fairytale.
Indeed. I've seen many of his films (Edward Scissorhands, Nightmare Before Christmas, Sleepy Hollow, Big Fish, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Corpse Bride) and loved them all. When I think about it, he could really pull off a decent Hobbit film. It would be in much contrast to PJ's films, though. An unfortunate thing for PJ fans, but I think in the end it could be a good thing. Good news: I checked on IMDB, and from what I see, he only has one project currently on his schedule.