View Single Post
Old 09-10-2006, 03:02 AM   #93
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Taralphiel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Taralphiel
Sorn flicked through the pages of the notebook with a content smile. These notes were very precise, and just want he needed. He took a look at the rag doll and nodded as he tossed it in one hand. Taking the dagger from Linduial’s basket in the other hand, and not even flinching at his fresh wound, Sorn walked back towards to cellar.

As he was about to step through the threshold towards the stair, he heard a clatter. Scyld was walking back up with the remains of a meal. Sorn simply nodded at him, and Scyld walked silently back to the kitchen. Before Scyld could walk out of earshot, Sorn called over his shoulder to him.

“You may take your meal break. I will mind the prisoner a while.”

Sorn found the Lady sitting in the dark corner, her knees hugged up to her chest. She looked up a moment, and as she saw Sorn he perceived her expression changed a very small degree. She hid it well. A less perceptive person would not have noticed it.

“Scyld is taking his meal. I do not wish…to overwork the poor man…” Sorn said with a chuckle. He took Scyld’s chair and moved it slowly towards the cell, sitting down and resting his boots against the bars with legs crossed. He brought out the black notebook and made a show of reading it intently. He also made it obvious that the dagger and rag doll sat inches away from the girl, safely on his lap.

“She must mean a great deal to you. Such a nice child, it says here…” Sorn turned the notebook outward, so Linduial could just make out the writing. “Lčođern…a very pretty name. She will like this gift, I am certain. You are most kind.”

Sorn looked down at Linduial through his dark hair, waiting for her to react to his taunting…