View Single Post
Old 10-07-2002, 12:01 AM   #27
HerenIstarion
Deadnight Chanter

HerenIstarion is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via ICQ to HerenIstarion
Sting

I was watching this discussion with great interest, and may I please add my 2 cents [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]?

I dislike an idea of
Quote:
making newer joiners go through a little process to avoid any teeny-boppers
. When I was young and read the Hobbit for the first time, I was not seeking hidden intentionas and motives. Now I "see through". Not that is bad, but sometimes I miss my first feelings, but as well as that I recall with dread that I was only one to be in the knowledge of JRRT and there was no one to talk. And, mind you, I was not going to discuss orcish free will or balrog wings topics, I just wanted to share an excitement. Some kind of "you saw?!- Yeas! - It was Great! - Absolutely!"

Not much meaning, i agree, but that is where all began. Now taking
Quote:
teeny-boppers who want to talk about Orlando Bloom and his newest...
. There is a whole Movies Forum. Though I very seldom venture there, I know it to be most fitting place for such an excitement. Let them talk there. After a while they'll look around, figure out there is more to Tolkien than handsome archers and may even surpass us supposedly "Tolkien High-Brow" oldtimers in erudition and ispiration and creativeness. One never knows.

There is no suggestion on taking actions on my behalf. Just advice. Let it be as "knock, and door will open, ask and ye'll be given". Not francmasonry of any kind and degree.

I hope I made some sense [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

- Would you believe in the love at first sight?
- Yes I'm certain that it happens all the time!
HerenIstarion is offline   Reply With Quote