View Single Post
Old 11-22-2007, 08:15 PM   #169
Sephiroth
Pile O'Bones

Sephiroth has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe Foldo Grubb

Hello people,

Here I present you Foldo. I hope you like him
As always, I'm open to suggestions. I'll talk to Legate again so we can reach an agreement about when and how we'll be entering the story.

NAME: Foldo Grubb

RACE: Hobbit

WEAPONS: an ebony staff and a long knife.

APPEARANCE: Black hair, very dark eyes. Foldo is slightly tall for a hobbit and fairly strong. He has deep, judging eyes and other hobbits usually tend to avoid his sight when he's irritated. He likes wearing dark clothes.

PERSONALITY/STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES: Foldo has a strong personality and is very persuasive, but never managed to get any real friends (if asked, he would say he never wanted one). He always expects the worst; Foldo presumes everyone hates him and judges their actions by that perspective. He knows how to lie and how to spot a liar. He’s arrogant, smart and greedy too, but not bad in his heart. In his most profound thoughts he knows he will never be able to do something that could really harm someone, but he’ll never admit that, even to himself.

HISTORY: Foldo’s parents, Bolgo and Flora, are simple farmers living in Hobbitton. Just like pretty much everyone else they knew, they saw Foldo as rather alien. He never had any good friends, and even when he was young, he liked being alone with his thoughts. Foldo usually talks to other hobbits only to praise himself or to get some advantage of any kind (books, mushrooms, money, anything). What drives Foldo is not properly his goals, but the pleasure of getting them.

Now it’s impossible to determine which started first: Foldo mistreating other hobbits or other hobbits seeing him as unreliable. Either way, he still can talk his way out of most trouble he gets (mainly, from misleading other people). Foldo never had any real job in his life, but doesn’t depend on his parents; he gets the things he needs from small deals, selling for a good price what he gets for almost nothing. He does that by convincing everyone they’re getting a good deal - but, after all, the good deal is always his. All his business are nebulous to some extent, but no one has ever proved he stole or deceived another hobbit to a point that could be considered a crime.

Despite that, Foldo is not lazy. In fact, he’s proud he can live without working, even if his small deals take more time from him than if he really had an occupation.

Sometimes he travels through the Shire to accomplish his biggest trades. He likes that and, in those circumstances, he always takes his knife as precaution to any adversity.

--------------------------------------------------

EDIT: Character Bio added to PLAYERS/CHARACTERS LIST

~*~ Pio

Last edited by piosenniel; 11-23-2007 at 07:13 AM.