View Single Post
Old 01-01-2004, 04:00 PM   #183
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Shield

Just a few reminders here about game proposals.

While it is very understandable how love for a game can motivate gamers to create a sequel--and there were several Freestyle games which were a cut above most of the chat-style games and which would lend themselves nicely to sequels--gamers should realize that all proposals, even those for sequels to old Freestyle games, must develope a plot with a clearly structured narrative purpose and unique, plausible characters which either develope aspects of Tolkien's world or represent a clear interpretation or analysis of it.

All of the game proposal reviewers--myself, Mithadan, Piosenniel, and Child of the Seventh Age--work very hard with game proposers to help them achieve a game which will not only meet these new writerly standards but which will also be fun to read as well as to participate in.

If you wish to propose a sequel to an old Freestyle game, please spend some time considering how to make it achieve this level of gaming. The closer the proposal meets this level, the less likely it will require substantial revision.

If you have any questions about how how achieve this, you can contact either me, Aylwen Dreamsong, or Mithadan.

Bęthberry,
Moderator for Rohan