View Single Post
Old 04-04-2006, 03:14 AM   #182
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Nerindel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nerindel Send a message via MSN to Nerindel Send a message via Yahoo to Nerindel
After being dismissed Æðel had hurriedly returned to Kara to deliver Lord Eodwine’s instruction, then hastened to find Thornden and Gárwine. The news that her friend had been injuried had caused her no amount of worry, she knew how much he wanted to impress upon Eodwine that he could forefill the role given him and how stubbornly he would work regardless of any injury to insure that the postion would remain his. His need to see his sister with him was great and one she understood, but she would not simply let him go on suffering needlessly. She was his friend and this she could help him with and as she followed silently, blocked from view by the opposing broad shoulders of the Lords men, she silently resolved to help him weather he wanted it or not.

“My answer is ‘no’,” Léof issued before she could even come out of the shadow of the two men. This sharp response startled her and she waited to hear more, as Gárwine attempted to entreat the young man to see reason.

“I can and will,” came the even response “I’ve had worse, and there’s work for me to do. Besides, it’s already feeling better.” At this Æðel’s normally shy and temperate deamour shifted, like the others she could not believe what she was hearing, a very fine horse man he was but a healer he was not! She would decide if it was feeling better or not! She had expected him to be stubborn, but not a complete bonehead, his foot could not possibly feel better if anything it would only get worse!

So as the young ostler blatantly refused to go with them she stepped out of the shadow of the two men, regarding her friend with an irritable and frustrated look. “Who said anything about going anywhere? Here is as good a place as any!” She issued, nodding to Thornden and Gárwine, who quickly stepped forward intent to apprehend the young ostler, that she could attend to his injury.

“This is for your own good” she sighed sympathetically, seeing the wounded look he shot her.