View Single Post
Old 01-28-2011, 12:13 PM   #37
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
This thread is quite humorous to read through.

Several girls chose Eowyn, because she got to have adventure and she has spirit. I wonder...would girls now adays really be willing to go through what Eowyn did? She went for adventure because she was hopeless and heartbroken. She endured terrible pain physically and emotionally when she went for that adventure. Yes, she's got spirit, but it cost her a great deal, and her 'adventure' was bitter. I love Eowyn, but I do not wish to be in her place.

Someone went for Frodo. He may be one of my favorite characters, but I wouldn't want to BE him. Same goes for Sam.

I think I would want to be Rosie. She's a hobbit, so she's got it comfortable - except for during Sharky's rule in the Shire, but her folks didn't do so badly during that time. She's spunky and fun, so that means she's got spirit in her own way (and we all know hobbits have got more than anyone wants to give them credit for). And she gets to marry Sam.

And the reason I don't choose some Valar or Maiar or something is because I really don't want that much power. And elves live too long.