View Single Post
Old 04-16-2002, 04:22 PM   #30
Mat_Heathertoes
Wight

Mat_Heathertoes has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Hm, Gayalondiel, in LOTR, those words appear several times

Quote:
'Verily,' said Gandalf, now in a loud voice, keen and clear, 'that way lies our hope, where sits our greatest fear. Doom hangs still on a thread. Yet hope there is still, if we can but stand unconquered for a little while.'
Gandalf to Theoden in Edoras.

Quote:
'You shall have it, if there is time,' said Merry. 'But first if you have finished eating you shall fill your pipes and light up. And then for a little while we can pretend that we are all back safe at Bree again, or in Rivendell.'
Merry to the Three Hunters @ Isengard

Quote:
'So near to Mordor?' said Beregond quietly. 'Yes, there it lies. We seldom name it; but we have dwelt ever in sight of that shadow: sometimes it seems fainter and more distant; sometimes nearer and darker. It is growing and darkening now; and therefore our fear and disquiet grow too. And the Fell Riders, less than a year ago they won back the crossings, and many of our best men were slain. Boromir it was that drove the enemy at last back from this western shore, and we hold still the near half of Osgiliath for a little while. But we await now a new onslaught there. Maybe the chief onslaught of the war that comes.'
Beregond to Pippin in Minas Tirith

But I think perhaps the one you meant was

[img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Quote:
'As a father you shall be to me,' said Merry.
'For a little while,' said Théoden.
as well as the repeat at the funeral ..

Sorry to go on so .. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]