View Single Post
Old 11-23-2003, 06:52 AM   #108
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Silmaril

“I know!” Merisu shouted triumphantly, “a toast! And I have just the thing here, something I brought from one of the coktäl lounges of the Glitzy Caves.” She rummaged in her astonishingly capacious travelling bag quite awhile, giving the readers time for a bit of background information.

You see, little is known in these times of the Lore of Elven Luggage, and you may have wondered at the capacity manifested by this seemingly lowly bag. It was indeed of ancient and imperial lineage, bearing the noble name of Säms-on-Knight, being a receptacle suitable for both Over-Knight and Under-Knight journeys. In times past it had belonged to such illustrious persons as Meri Popadillins, a mythological nanny who lived in Lôn-dôn and Sheri Baggins, strikingly similar to the first in appearance and profession, but living in a later age in Spring-Feld.

Yet enough explanation, lest this narrative should become sidetracked by the insertion of overly much information – Eru forbid! Those interested in learned details should refer to the Appendices to satisfy their curiosity. Besides, Meri had by this time apparently found what she sought.

She lifted up a box of a clear material through which shimmered myriad jewelled colours. Opening it, she took out small glasses, each containing a congealed liquid of a different hue. They looked fascinating, as if Feeblenor’s gems had come back to earth in drinkable? edible? form. She handed a red one to Pimpi, grasping a golden one for herself and holding out a green one to Grrruff.

“These are called Dzhellô-shotz”, she explained. “They contain a tasty specialty made especially for females. Now, here’s to… oh dear, we just can’t call you Grrruff any longer – that doesn’t go with your new look at all! As a name goes, it may be practical, but there’s nothing feminine to it. Shall we choose a new name for your new look and new life?”

The Nazgrrl nodded vigorously, which Merisu took to be affirmation, though it is of course possible that she only wanted to feel her curls bounce. Looking at Pimpi, she asked, “What kind of name do you think would be suitable?”

“Hmmmm,” Pimpi mused, “how about ‘Pinkie’ to go with her new complexion and nail polish?”

“I don’t know,” the Elf hesitated, “maybe if it was spelled with a ‘y’ it would look OK – names with a ‘y’ are always cool.”

“True,” Pimpiowyn answered Merisuwyniel. “Pynkie?”

“You know,” the shieldmaiden mused, “it should show both sides of her nature, the innate strength and the girlish light-heartedness. How about something like ‘Atomyk Kytten’?”

“Mithril Magnolia?” suggested the Quarterling. “Sheryl Crebain? Destiny’s Grrrl? Grrritney Swords? Grrr-Lo?”

“Somehow nothing seems quite right,” Merisu sighed. “And I so want it to be perfect for her.”

“I have an idea!” exclaimed Pimpi. “Among my mother’s people, it is customary to give girls flower names. Maybe one of those would suit her.”

The Elf’s face brightened. “That’s wonderful!” she answered. “Let’s see – Elanor, Rose, Niphredil, Violet, Simbelmynë, Daisy, Athelas, Lily…”

“Buttercup!” Pimpi called out triumphantly.

“That’s it!” agreed Meri enthusiastically. “It sounds down-to-earth, yet worthy even of a princess bride! Do you like the name, dear?” she turned to the Nazgrrrl for approbation.

The Creature-Formerly-Known-As-Grrruff nodded with what could certainly be taken for approval. And so it came that the females of the Grrlship raised their dainty glasses and woke the males with a rousing toast: “To Buttercup the Beautiful!”

[ November 24, 2003: Message edited by: Estelyn Telcontar ]

[ 4:45 AM November 29, 2003: Message edited by: Estelyn Telcontar ]
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'