View Single Post
Old 06-16-2004, 03:54 AM   #116
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Boots

Squatter, it is wonderful to welcome yet another subscriber to the Appreciation Thread, especially a Downer held in awe by all such as yourself.

Excellent tale, I must say. The revelation about the poem of the Rohirrim is a real eye-opener for me. I have the traditional poem stuck on my wall and, though it is magnificent, it is only enhanced by the truth of the content.

I must apologise for the delay in my post. I had hoped to regail you all with a tale today, but events took an unexpected twist. I was in my study all set to put my notes together when, out of the blue, a wild Spider Monkey came crashing through my window. It rampaged through the room causing a frightful and most damaging mess of catastrophic proportions. It soon emitted a low subsonic scream in challenge of combat. It was just as well for yours truly that my father was at home at the time and, with his previous experience of fighting monkeys, was fully able to deal with this remarkable problem which had bulldozed its way into my day. It was a gory battle, and my father has now lost his sight in his left eye due to a particularly vicious gouge by the fiendish simian. However, the monkey was finally defeated, after my father employed a lethal karate chop to the beast's neck.

My study is now in a terrible mess and it may be a while before I can finally tell you all what happened in Khand on that weird and wonderful day.