View Single Post
Old 05-06-2006, 05:52 AM   #31
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Taralphiel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Taralphiel
Profile for Sorn

Well, I decided that rather and wait for an answer, I'd post what I have of the profile. Please pick it to pieces and I'll make any chanes to it that's needed. I'd love some help, as I'm no expert in the ME timeline, and also the do's and don'ts of Rohan's nobilty.

The detail about Lothiriel being chosen over his sister may be a bit too dramatic, but I thought I'd leave it in and let you all decide. I'm not particularly attached to it, so I can cut it out if need be.

PLACED ON PROPOSAL ~*~ Pio

NAME: Sorn

RACE: Human, Rohirric noble.

WEAPONS: A finely crafted long sword is his weapon of choice, though it is too bulky for some settings. He has two concealed daggers – one in his left boot, and one under his vest.

APPEARANCE: Sorn is a tall and strong in stature. His shoulder length hair is neatly kept, and mostly hidden under a long, dark hood. Sorn is comfortable in finer clothing, but when we first meet him he is in neat riding gear – a brown leather vest over a long shirt, with grey riding pants and thick boots.

Sorn has a simple but not overly handsome face. His eyes are unusually dark for a Rohirric noble, and it has been said that his soul can’t be seen in them.

PERSONALITY/STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES: Sorn is a naturally charming man, when he wishes to be. Being noble, he has an obvious air of confidence, which often turns into an ugly streak of arrogance. Sorn finds most comfort in his own company, and has been isolated in his hall for the last several years.

Sorn often does not see boundaries placed upon him by tradition or decorum. He is one known to ‘bend’ common rules of conduct, when the gain is high enough. His greatest weakness is his greed. Of late, his spending of his families assets have left him in need of a monetary boost. It is thus that Linduial gets caught up in his ambition to regain his wealth.

A more frightening side of his personality is his tendency to suddenly turn to an inconsolable rage. This destructive side of his nature subsides quickly, but often leaves much damage behind.

HISTORY: Sorn, born into nobility, lost his older brother and father in the Battle of the Pelennor Fields. His mother died in the birth of his sister, Hild. He was then a sole heir of a healthy fortune, though it did not last. His pride was again struck when the Eorl married Lothiriel, as he suspected one of his family (particularly his sister, Hild) would have been a suitable match. From that point, he became isolated at his estate, foolishly spending his money. He became further detached when his last living relative, his sister, passed away.

Alone and suffering the loss of many years, Sorn began to plot a way to restore his house to the wealth he squandered, and to seek a small revenge on the people he is convinced robbed his family of their pride.

Again, please take to it and give some advice where needed!

Tara

Last edited by piosenniel; 05-06-2006 at 01:18 PM.