View Single Post
Old 06-05-2004, 08:28 PM   #83
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Silmaril

Hey, I'm in too. This sounds fun.

What about... doing individual threads for each chapter, starting with the foreward and prologue. Week One, we read the foreward and prologue and BEGIN the discussion in its own thread. Week Two, as the foreward and prologue discussion progresses, we read The Long Expected Party and discuss it in its own new thread. Week Three, we continue on with our reading, and discussions still go on. That way there is a basic schedule to follow, so you don't get thrown off track (a chapter a week), but discussions aren't limited by time constraints. You can tell which chapter we are currently on, because it is the latest chapter that currently has its own thread. Any newcomers can start at the beginning and work their way up to the most current chapter, while still being involved in active discussions about each chapter they read, as they read it. If you miss a chapter (alas, real life can throw off a lot of things), you can catch yourself up and then progress to the current conversation.

Fea

Edit: seems I hit "post reply" before I noticed pages 2 and 3. That, of course, means that I just rephrased a few of the prior posts. Sorry about that...

Last edited by Feanor of the Peredhil; 06-05-2004 at 09:15 PM. Reason: exhaustion-induced mistakes
Feanor of the Peredhil is offline   Reply With Quote