View Single Post
Old 05-15-2006, 10:13 AM   #276
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Oy vey. Took me 50 minutes to catch up. But I'm not complaining. Really.

I'm going to have to vote, and I'm at a loss. So many darn suspects.

Oh well, as I'm pondering that I'll amuse myself with the usual behavior that nobody really likes:

Quote:
Diamond, you weren't on my list of wolves because I can see you getting lynched very early. Sorry, but that's the truth.
No worries. I thought that's what it was, but people sometimes surprise me, so I didn't want to assume. Oh and yes, I am loud and troublesome. This is what got Loki killed. So if it gets me killed I can't really complain, can I?

Consulting my lorebooks, this is what they tell me:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorebooks
Honestly, Diamond, people are going to want to lynch you no matter what. It's a thing. Don't question it -- some people are just lynch materil no matter what they do, and you're it. If you're quiet, they'll vote for you. If you banter, they'll vote for you. If you analyze and theorize, they'll vote for you. So do whatever you feel like whenever you feel like doing it. After all, the minute people stop suspecting you, you're dog food.
Thank you, lorebooks, you speak truths. Sorry about the fire.

Roa: I'm satisfied with your answers to my suspicions. (Yes, I had suspicions, who would have thought amongst all that banter that I actually said something Roa found worth responding to!) Anyway, my theory about you and Loki was based mostly on stuff that happend in those halcyon days prior to dear Elempi's death, when he got into that fight with tp. I didn't mean to insult you in implying you as a Wizard would pick a Wolf from your friends. I won't tell you that I wouldn't do such a thing. A bit of straying from cold hard logic can always be good for throwing the logic-sniffers off the trail.

All that said, I don't think Gurthang cared to deny anything when I mentioned his name as my other consideration. Kind of interesting. I don't think he's a Wizard, because.... I just don't. See Fea's RL reasoning. So I pretty much think, now, that whoever was the friend certainly isn't going to step forward after I made it sound all suspicious. No matter if I was on to something or totally off base. Because who wants to say, "Yes, Diamond, I am that suspicious person you speak of."

Lommy: Babbling, eh? I think this is a compliment coming fom you. But no worries, I have a history of such labeling, I've learned to embrace it.

Drrrrrrrrrrr. Blah. It's time to vote, and I still haven't even fully woken up yet. Curses.

+ + NOGROD

*gasp*

I'm sorry, hubby. There are lots of people now pinging my suspicions, but frankly, you did worry me yesterDay. I let it slide because, well, you're my hubby and I couldn't very well off you before Loki. But even though his reactions were over defensive, that whole "banter" thing you had going on seemed... off. You don't usually banter and accuse randomly like that. And a faux paus though it was, posting fifteen minutes early was no indication of wolfishness. From anyone else, such accusations I might not think twice about. But it's you, and you feel different.

There's always the "Why would a wolf/wizard draw such attention to himself?" thing. But Noggie should know more than anyone that him being quiet is suspicious. So this feels like overcompensation. Trying a little too hard to maintain the high profile, without the usual genuine content

I'm sorry if you're innocent. I'll never be able to face my daughters again if you're lynched and innocent. But then, if you're a wolf (which is seemingly quite likely) what else can a mother do besides protect her young, even from their father.....?