View Single Post
Old 05-30-2006, 03:37 PM   #1076
Gurthang
Sword of Spirit

Gurthang has just left Hobbiton.
Well, I just realized (okay not just now, but just decided to post now) that this has, by far, been the most emotionally charged game I've ever seen. I suppose most of it is due to the fact that two players were picked to choose teams. And choosing teams has always caused some people to be left out.

Yet, it seems odd; mainly because the emotion is far more than I would ever have expected. Certain clashes due to playing style and the hurling of insults were more abundant here than anywhere I think I've ever seen on the 'Downs. Especially unique is the way this 'extra' emotion overflowed to the pre-game discussion and now even a little to the post-game discussion. Strange indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom
I am yours to command. If there is something you need done, let me know.
Oh, the possibilities! Well, I really did want you on my team, and yet again you surprise me with your thinking, because it seems similar to my own thoughts... somewhat.

I had a thought, sometime around Day 1 or Day 2, about having my hunter come out and claim to be the Good Wizard. Basically, this would give me a direct line of communication to the villagers without revealing myself to the EW. I wanted to get a wolf name first, just in case the Evil Wizard decided to 'check' that the real GW had come forward. Then the Hunter would simply have a wolf to kill.

Another reason I wanted to make a Hunter is because his death would narrow down the possible villagers who might have been the EW. Sort of sad to say, but I wanted to kill as many people as fast as possible to narrow down my choices. Looking back, that might not have been the best idea, but it all worked out in the short run.