View Single Post
Old 06-23-2005, 01:44 PM   #49
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Birthday Mathoms

Well if this is post non-grata, it is a fair cop (but Feanor of the Peredhil is to blame.... of course )......... and I thought it was better to use a related and little used topic and go off it a little than create a completely self obsessed thread!

Well more years than I am prepared to admit to have passed since the world first had the privilege of my company and various downers have been kind enough to wish me well which has been a comfort on this truly depressing day - one of them hoped for mathoms... so... encouraged by the fact that I am still and adolescent in elf years here goes..... there may be more later but I have to go and drown my sorrows in champagne very shortly but I think a little clearout will be liberating...

For Fordim Hedgethistle: A very battered Akubra hat and my collection of "orphan" gloves. I am sure he will find them useful as gauntlets should he take up duelling again.

For Fea a copy of "I will survive" to get her through a game of Werewolf. and my long neglected art materials......

For Esty and Mark10-30 and any other needlewomen.. various projects in different stages of incompletion - mainly tapestry and petit-point and too many completely pristine - but all so pretty

For Boromir88: A bottle of Pimm's (not a mathom this as such but ...), "Why men don't listen and women can't read maps" by Barbara and Alan Pease "How to watch cricket" by John Arlott.

FOr Heren Istarion, books in my "permanent collection", I do not regard as mathoms but if I had to hand them over to anyone, it would be HI. However for now I send him "3 men on the Bummel" so he can extend his knowledge of JK Jerome, and "the Diary of a Nobody" on the grounds that someone who likes Jerome will probably like Grossmith, and the "Lord Peter Wimsey " detective stories of Dorothy L Sayers... someone almost as erudite as HI himself... Oh and just maybe he would like my Michelin Guide Bleu of Paris - I am sure an extensive tour of the Louvre will be top priority ...

Saucepanman gets a pottle of "Old Thumper" and Daumier's " Les gens de Justice"

The Phantom gets a black rider mask (spares are always handy)...

Lalwende gets something from my hat collection, some cuttings and a passport application form .....

For Eomer of the Rohirrim..... Hmm what can you give the man who has everything -about the only thing I don 't have cluttering up the house is a Warg ... :d oh I know - my copy of "Watership Down"

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace

Last edited by Mithalwen; 06-23-2005 at 01:47 PM.
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote