View Single Post
Old 01-02-2018, 03:10 AM   #155
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
This post was written last Night, under the suspicion that Morsul would be nightkilled and confirmed as Seer.

Well... bother. That couldn't have gone much worse.

With only six people remaining, I'll start again with my impressions of everyone, but first I'll address the Oliphaunt in the room: yes, I know this looks bad for me. But a Seer who had caught the last wolf would just straight up say 'I'm the Seer, and he's the Wolf' - with eight villagers left, that's a 100% certain village win. So no, Morsul couldn't have dreamed of me.

Sally - Innocent, as confirmed by Morsul in post 91:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsul the Dark View Post
I'm just going on information I'm Seeing is all, and that's that I trust Sally. So I'm inclined to see where she's coming from.
I don't think there's any room for doubt on this.

Boro - weird Day One, sounded sensible early Day Two. Late posts in Day Two also sound fairly reasonable.

Question for Boro: was your Pitch vote just an attempt to prevent Nerwen being lynched, or did you suspect him? (And if so, why?)

Pitch - Looking over everything... could the painting of Boro as suspect on Day One be weaker than I thought at the time? He was certainly quick to peg him as Moon Moon, and I agree with Shasta that Boro was clearly roleplaying/being playful with this comment:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
Who's to say we HAVE to lynch anyone today? Is a random vote for the goofiest one any different than a random vote for the most talkative? A random vote for the most absent? Who's to say there are even murderers? Or that the only murderer is the Blossom?
Pitch jumping on him for that was a bit much. And then... let's see. He initially says we should ignore Boro as a possible cobbler, then in post 44 simultaneously casts suspicion on me and dismisses the argument against RuneWolf. That post also drops the first suggestion that BoroMoon could be BoroWolf, which was presumably the justification for his Boro vote Day One. Could this have been an effort to save Rune by offering an alternate candidate who'd also been suspicious all day? Zil hadn't yet made the second Rune vote, and in fact there were five people yet to vote.

Day Two... he backs off a bit on Boro, but still keeps discussing him for most of the day. He shifts to suspecting Lalaith (eventually) on... fairly solid grounds (see below). And that's the thing. Yes, it's possible to construe Pitch's behaviour as wolfish, but it just feels too organic and natural for that. The (joking?) initial Moon Moon accusation against Boro was reinforced by Boro's behaviour, and it all follows from there.

Shasta - Other than a post-vote post (123), spends most of the day either professing my innocence (which is nice, but kind of suspect given that most other people found me suspicious) or suspecting Pitch. That final post tags four of the other seven villagers as probable innocents, Boro as a possible Moon Moon, Pitch as the wolf (hence the vote), and Lalaith as an 'outside shot' wolf candidate. If we have wolf!Shasta, this would be setup for (if Pitch was lynched) shifting to attacking Lalaith today.

But... I don't think it's likely. I think the Pitch reading is a valid interpretation, and with comments on 3/7 (4 if you include Lalaith from the late post) villagers, Shasta hasn't really been tunnelling on one person like it seems at first.

Lalaith - Cast the second vote for Nerwen, lynching her. Also cast that suspicious vote for Sally on Day One, taking us up to 5/10 on the block - and Sally is confirmed innocent, if that matters here.

The Nerwen vote could have been a shot at a Gifted (I didn't see any hints, but I could've missed them), or a neat way to implicate me - 'voted innocent + dead Seer suspected him' is a good combo. And why did she say she voted Nerwen? Nerwen herself highlighted it:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
This looks like a possible attempt by Lalaith at avoiding "ownership" of her future vote. Note that this way she doesn't have to make a case against, or even express actual suspicion of whoever she ends up voting.
Both our Seer-confirmed innocent (Sally) and someone I can't see as suspicious (Pitch) voted for Lalaith. Argh, I wish I'd been able to stay later! Reading something like this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
Lal made several posts but was almost Ms Agreeable in terms of voicing no suspicion.
Could have backed up my own suspicions:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huinesoron View Post
Lalaith voted yesterDay to put half the village on the block, claiming just not to have noticed. Her first post toDay included a big paragraph about cobblers, who aren't actually our priority target. She's also spent a fair amount of time clearing people - me, Sally, Pitch - based on yesterday's events, which could be suspect, but feels more like genuine thoughts.
(Emphasis added)

... and maybe led me to vote for her instead of Nerwen.

Lalaith - who do you actually suspect? I haven't seen very much indicating you think anyone's guilty. Who is your #1 pick for the last wolf?

hS
Huinesoron is offline   Reply With Quote