View Single Post
Old 12-02-2003, 11:07 AM   #28
Jjudvven
Wight

Jjudvven has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Jjudvven
Sting

I'm a member of the Lord of the Rings Fan Club and I have been reading for some time about the changes from the mouth of PJ himself.<BR>As I believe was stated earlier, there will be no Scouring of the Shire. This was one of my favorite chapters in the books, but I can see why they left it out of the movie.<BR>Wormtongue kills Saruman by pushing him out of the Tower of Orthanc. This was verified in the magazine as well. I think that Legolas goes on to kill Worm, but I'm not entirely sure about that one.<BR>I never read anything at all about the Houses of Healing, except online, and that's not the most reliable way to find out good information, so for now, I'm going to discredit that rumor. That part in the books really helped to show who Aragorn really was.<BR>I'm not sure about this one, but I heard that Gimli was going to fight the Mouth of Sauron. Can someone clear this up? I read it online, but I'm somewhat doubt the truth.<BR>As to the Eagles, I don't think they come to help out with the Battle at the Black Gate, but I know that they do come abnd rescue Sam and Frodo from Mt. Doom.<BR>I also read(online) that Arwen will be having a significantly smaller role in these movies than in the other two. This is a great relief to me. I think the battle-heroin part should have been left to Eowyn alone. <BR>I also heard a rumor that the Orc armies will actually enter the lower levels of Minis Tirith. I'm not sure if this is true or not. Does anyone else know?<BR>From what I have seen, they will do the scene with Faramir and the Pyre of Denethor right, which will be nice to see.<BR>And does anyone know whether they will show the wedding between Aragorn and Arwen? It seems after so much attempted romantic buildup that they couldn't just completely skip this part, which I heard that they might.<P>Overall, I have been impressed with the quality of the films, and am a firm supported. I do, of, course, think that there are many things that should have been different. But there's no pleasing everyone, right?<BR>The worst problems I had with the Fellowship was the portrayal of the Elves. In my opinion, there was nothing "elvish" about them. Many of them were downright ugly! And Haldir! Oh my goodness that man can't pass off as an elf any more than Peter Jackson! Other than a few faults though, PJ did an outstanding job on the FotR.<BR>On TTT, I had many more problems, the worst of which was the portrayal of Faramir as a cowardly wimp, eager to impress his father. I read PJ's explanation of this, and it made some since, but I still think his character was slaughtered in the movie. I hope they can redeem him in the third film.<BR>The other problem I had was Aragorn falling off the cliff. That scene was, to me, completely pointless and uncalled for except to make Aragorn look stupid floating down the river like that. <BR>I wasn't as impressed with the Two Towers and I was with the Fellowship, but I see some good things coming with the Return of the King.